Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
addict
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all

What do you run?.. Where do you get them?.. How long do they last?.. Cost?

I've been looking for some new grips and there are literally tens of thousands of cheapo knock-offs... And most of the power sports store around me only carry dirt bike and ATV grips...

So lay some knowledge on me.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,517 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts

ProGrip Superbike gel grips are the best on the market in my opinion, they last forever, are soft but not too soft, and they stick to leather and kangaroo hide gloves really well, keeps me on the bike at stupid speeds without wind protection. :D

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
I can't see why you'd choose anything aftermarket to be honest.

Alot of the vintage bike stuff is worn out to hell, and eventually the Triumph bits will do the same, I can imagine knowing a good grip to fall back on, especially in the event of a crash, would be worth while.

Either way it's still good info for the masses browsing the site. ;)

·
Stupid motherfucker
6,826 Posts
Alot of the vintage bike stuff is worn out to hell, and eventually the Triumph bits will do the same, I can imagine knowing a good grip to fall back on, especially in the event of a crash, would be worth while.

Either way it's still good info for the masses browsing the site. ;)
Absolutely man. I meant that I can't see why you'd choose something other than the Triumph sportsbike grips. They're not cheap, but then again, they're not cheap.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've used progrip 724 before and loved them. Lasted quite awhile of daily riding, but eventually wore through the black rubber. I bought a set off ebay, and apparently got cheap-ass knock-offs.... hard rubber and the color faded to pink VERY fast.... even though it wasn't a daily and was parked inside except certain work days.

I bought oury streetbike grips, but haven't put them on yet. My girl's old bike had them and I really liked them (only road it a handful of times though).

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
I'm running spider grips...
I love them but only last about 2-3 months..
Would not suggest them for anything but a track bike

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm running spider grips...
I love them but only last about 2-3 months..
Would not suggest them for anything but a track bike
Yup... that's what's on my Buell. roughly 10,000 miles on the bike and they are toast... no idea when they were installed as previous owner did it. They are pretty nice though. Soft without being spongy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts