Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided it was time to start a thread on the new build so here's the story. Got a strait sv650 frame with title on eBay for 90$ then bought all the rear suspension and wheel stuff on eBay piece by piece which totalled about 135$ for everything. Got an fzr600 front end for 50$ locally (off the same exact bike my fzr600 raptor engine came from) and I got an r6 tank year unkown and a ninja500 seat from that same local shop for 20$. The original plan to put the raptor660 engine in this frame is not looking good the starter hits the frame if I try an get the motor up where the sprockets would line up. So at this point motor is still unkown but here is a pic of what's up so far.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm really just interested in a motor for this thing. If you had a kickstart lump I would trade for something like that but for now I'm going to take another stab it sliding the raptor motor up in there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Although.. you keep it light enough and did maybe a big bore or something that cr500 would be knarly in there.. that is if you can kick it haha

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately cr500 motors are a small fortune and I'm the cheapest bastard in the world. I would love to do it but cost is just absurd.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update..? Bought a cbr900rr in pieces for 300$ last winter and slapped it together and been just riding the shit out of it. Now going into winter its time to build. I also got a free basket case xt600 last winter that a put together and had a blast riding it but i think im going to have to yank that motor out for the svsomthing build. Opinions?

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i did some irreversible mods to the frame to mock up the xt600 motor and i love the fit and am super excited to build this bastard

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well motor is mounted. Mounts are only tack welded but it was solid enough to do a burnout after i bolted a 520 sprocket to the rear wheel. I would love to post some pics if somone could recommend a decent free host.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Jnim,
Your work space reminds me of the inside of the thing in Star Wars where the droids ended up after landing on Tattonine. Just Sayin.:D

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well i guess its a good time for a bit of an update. I have done alot of work and rode it. Did its first wheelie yesterday.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts