21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
:ttiwwop:

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
what's the longitudinal rod over the engine for?

·
1,533 Posts

I just restored this thing. Thinking about pickin up a few more, they are comin down in price now. solid simple flips.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Im going to try and do better about updates..

I dont want know battery. Kickstart only. So i decided to try the old capacitor out and im truly happy with the result of a tiny little 3$ capacitor in place of the battery. Below is the cap and then a before and after of the low beam

And then after knowing i had adequate lighting i got carried away and updated my directions with some much smaller Chinese units.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First test drive where i hit any real speed and used all the gears went well. Chain skips when i pull up wheelies but i think its because im missing the spacer behind the sprocket hub allowing it to tweak.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
If you're missing the spacer between the sprocket carrier bearing and the wheel bearing, you can't tighten the spindle nut correctly. Your rear wheel will be loose and all the bearings in the wheel under pretty bad stress. Plus all spacers I've seen there also reduce the diameter of the carrier bearing to fit the spindle, so yours is probably also not working in that dimension.

Stop riding it til you find/make that spacer or (sorry to be dramatic) the best case is your wheel locks up, the worst case is the spindle falls out.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
New odi locking grips to finish off the hand controls. I have also welded up and drilled the seat mounts and replaced the rear mockup wheel and tire with the final wheel (and all appropriate accompanying spacers) tire will be replaced with tkc80 after it proves itself a couple hundred miles on road. Oh and i got rear brakes mounted and bled and working.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts