Started messing with exhaust. Cut up the old turbo bike headers for doner bits. The collars on them didn't go into head far enough to get nuts started on the stud so I cut them down and went to far that they wouldn't clamp down tight. I am a dumbest. So I just cut the collars off the pipes I had on and welded them to these new pieces.
Got something started and tacked up. Really like the look but honestly have no idea where I'm going to take it from here. Was thinking about running the can I had on it but I'm also thinking I might just like a tear drop under rear of engine. Also thought about putting in the extra effort and running the duel all the way out to where I would mount a can and build a duel inlet muffler could look cool and pay homage to the old trinity racing pipe of the raptor 660 that inspired me to build a bike around this motor. Open to suggestions on this one.
Under tail has definitely been considered it would be tight but I could get a pipe through. My largest concern is my rattle can paint job being exposed to the heat of the exhaust. Also is there any issue with having exhaust near the shock reservoir?
Got some things welded finally and y pipe slip joint done. My welds are still rubbish but atleast I feel im becoming more comfortable dexterity wise. Fit up the final pieces but too tired to go on tonight, should have it all welded up tomorrow night and exhaust will be done minus final wire brush and vht clear.
Got the exhaust 99% done. Don't love how it finished at the back and I'm sure I will revisit but for now just need this thing whole again and rideable. To many other projects rolling through and some are actually paying jobs so this will do for now. I also attempted my first titanium weld Saturday night and honestly I expected it to go much worse.
Especially this one shortened and gutted lol. I had run it with this can on the first version of this build and it was just enough, any louder and I probably would not have liked it will post up a video after I get the kickstarter sorted thats my next major hurdle.
I used to have to reach down and unscrew foot peg and tge little rear brake pedal nub in order to kick start the bike so I Finally sorted that out. Will probably make somthing better from scratch down the road but for now this will do.
Life has been a little crazy and I moved to Florida 2 weeks ago renting a house with a much smaller garage then I had and it's attached to the house so I can't make the normal 1am noise I'm used to so progress will be slow. But I have made some progress since I have been here. Mounted chain, that's it so far.
Finally had time to button up some things enough to do a little shake down run down my road and it didn't go well. Anything more than a little throttle and it would just fall apart. Got back and sprayed some starting fluid around the carbs and somthing was leaking. Pulled the tank and the carbs were not seated very well. I honestly may have just slapped them in for mockup of somthing else and just forgot to secure them. Once I corrected that it started first kick and hauled ass down the road. The shift linkage I made has an obnoxiously long throw and i hate it, was kind of a rush job to get it going so I can start the benelli project. It will have to do for a little while.
Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum
A forum community dedicated to Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, builds, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!