Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Started messing with exhaust. Cut up the old turbo bike headers for doner bits. The collars on them didn't go into head far enough to get nuts started on the stud so I cut them down and went to far that they wouldn't clamp down tight. I am a dumbest. So I just cut the collars off the pipes I had on and welded them to these new pieces.

Wood Motor vehicle Tool Gas Machine tool

Tire Automotive tire Wood Tread Wheel
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Light Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Automotive lighting

Got something started and tacked up. Really like the look but honestly have no idea where I'm going to take it from here. Was thinking about running the can I had on it but I'm also thinking I might just like a tear drop under rear of engine. Also thought about putting in the extra effort and running the duel all the way out to where I would mount a can and build a duel inlet muffler could look cool and pay homage to the old trinity racing pipe of the raptor 660 that inspired me to build a bike around this motor. Open to suggestions on this one.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Under tail has definitely been considered it would be tight but I could get a pipe through. My largest concern is my rattle can paint job being exposed to the heat of the exhaust. Also is there any issue with having exhaust near the shock reservoir?

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Got some things welded finally and y pipe slip joint done. My welds are still rubbish but atleast I feel im becoming more comfortable dexterity wise. Fit up the final pieces but too tired to go on tonight, should have it all welded up tomorrow night and exhaust will be done minus final wire brush and vht clear.

Tire Automotive tire Wood Bumper Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Wood Rim
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Hand Wheel Bicycle Tire Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Tire Bicycle Wheel Crankset Bicycle hub
Tire Wheel Vehicle Bicycle tire Crankset

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Got the exhaust 99% done. Don't love how it finished at the back and I'm sure I will revisit but for now just need this thing whole again and rideable. To many other projects rolling through and some are actually paying jobs so this will do for now. I also attempted my first titanium weld Saturday night and honestly I expected it to go much worse.

Fluid Cylinder Bottle Gas Engineering
Crankset Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Tire
Wood Machine Metal Auto part Close-up
Saw Helmet Metalworking Tool Wood
Light Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust
Wheel Tire Crankset Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light
Wood Chair Thigh Electric blue Human leg

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,691 Posts
She gonna be loud with that hmf. Those bark!

·
Quackenbush Qustom
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Especially this one shortened and gutted lol. I had run it with this can on the first version of this build and it was just enough, any louder and I probably would not have liked it will post up a video after I get the kickstarter sorted thats my next major hurdle.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts