Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Quackenbush Qustom
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
So the house I was renting in nj for the year after I sold my house before I made the move down south had the very unique benefit of an almost infinite supply of scrap metal thanks to a generous slightly hoarding landlord who was an overall awsome guy and supported all things mechanical especially custom and against the grain. Now that I have to pay for metal I have found my wife's cricut to be invaluable. Considering it's basically just a miniature version of my plasma table so I can make poster board mock ups of parts no larger then 12x24 inches. Now I can be certain before I cut up valuable metal.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Purple Yellow

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Fender

·
Quackenbush Qustom
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I tried using that 600rr fiberglass tank cover but it was just too wide and I hated it. Found a vintage teal blue warrior 350 tank cover on ebay matches the theme of the bike well enough. I tucked all wiring between the fuel tank and oil tank up top so im making a little sheet metal enclosure to finish off the tank cover.

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle
Blue Green Yellow Shipping box Rectangle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Rectangle Output device Font Computer monitor Schematic

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Quackenbush Qustom
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Computer Product Personal computer Font Gadget

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Blue Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue Green Hood

Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive mirror Automotive lighting

Computer Personal computer Netbook Font Naval architecture

Began work on redoing the sheet metal tail with printed pla. I'm teaching myself the intricacies and nuances of 3d building in fusion 360 vs the 2d plasma table stuff I was doing and slowly realizing there is an easier way to do everything after I have done it the hard way and it's reslly a matter of verbiage. The screens hots posted here took about 4 hours (10pm-2am) if I had to start again from scratch with what I learned last night I could probably accomplish the same model inside 30 minutes.

I'm going to add recessed cavities for lights and maybe a picatinny rail across the top center similar to the one I bolted to the side of the frane as the base for a fully adjustable kick start lever holder (right now she just flops about while I ride repeatedly walking my leg) which I have yet to actually design.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I'm having too much fun with this 3d printer. Finished model for tail section for test print. I'm sure I will revise and do in a color after I'm confident with the product. This model will take 62 hours to print and consume over 300grams of filament so I needed to order a roll big enough to last the whole print which should come in tge mail tomorrow.

While I wait on that I decided to play with the front tank trim piece encloser wire hider aerodynamic beard fluffer thingy and I'm quite pleased at the results. It's red because that's what I had enough of to do this print. I will be redoing after revision in a different color. What ever I decide on for tail and front fender will probably all be the same. I feel like this bike needs a name so I can emboss it onto the front of this piece.

Rectangle Computer Laptop Font Personal computer

Wheel Tire Peripheral Automotive lighting Input device

Computer Personal computer Graphics software Font Output device

Font Gas Technology Display device Electronic device

Tire Wheel Vehicle Green Hood

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Public space

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Quackenbush Qustom
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
The world has changed and its sad. This is not news. Personal connection is a thing of the past that I imagine I will joke about as an old man with younger men laughing in disbelief. Except it won't be a laugh. It will be a thumbs up or an emoji. I am guilty of this as much as anyone else. I miss how this forum once felt with the criticism the opinions and occasional misinterpreted compliments, before the added feature of a "like" button. I have been dri king again and tha k you for attending my Ted talk.

·
Quackenbush Qustom
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

I believe this is final prototype. Filled out the bottom and added recess for camera camera transmits to phone so I will be ditching mirrors since I use my phone mounted on handlebars for speedometer already. I think the actual final version will be embossed with a damask pattern similar to the seat cover. Probably somthing very thin like .32mm deep.

·
CAPTAIN AWESOME®
30,581 Posts
View attachment 153311
View attachment 153313
View attachment 153310
View attachment 153312
View attachment 153309

I believe this is final prototype. Filled out the bottom and added recess for camera camera transmits to phone so I will be ditching mirrors since I use my phone mounted on handlebars for speedometer already. I think the actual final version will be embossed with a damask pattern similar to the seat cover. Probably somthing very thin like .32mm deep.
Very very cool

81 - 90 of 90 Posts