Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's this all about?

A lot of you may be coming from pretty far away to get to the buildoff event so I thought I would put this forum in here so you can make plans to meet up and ride together.

Things to think about:
We are having a parts swap, plus there will be products for sale at reduced rates, and if you win the buildoff, there's more stuff to bring home as well. We're also going to do a little dirty riding on the trails out back, so if you have a trailer or know someone who does, it might be a good idea. That way you have plenty of room for a dirtbike (if you want to bring it), spare parts for swapping, and room to bring stuff back as well!

So, let's all get together and help eachother out and make plans to ride together and share trailers and stuff like that so we can have as many of us there as possible!

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Can I bring a local buddy of mine? My painter to be exact. He may not even come. He is still up in the air about it. If he ends up not going, I have a trailer that can comfortably hold a quad AND two bikes. My tow vehicle is a full size pick-up, which will have an empty bed also.

<-------Norwalk, CT

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Almost forgot, are the trails quad friendly? Or bikes only?

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cRaZy8 said:
Can I bring a local buddy of mine? My painter to be exact. He may not even come. He is still up in the air about it. If he ends up not going, I have a trailer that can comfortably hold a quad AND two bikes. My tow vehicle is a full size pick-up, which will have an empty bed also.

<-------Norwalk, CT
Hells yea, the more the merrier!

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cRaZy8 said:
Almost forgot, are the trails quad friendly? Or bikes only?
There are different trails of varying terrain... the trail that starts at Adam's house is pretty skinny, has some rocks and stonewalls to climb over, and some fairly heavily wooded areas to get through. It's all a trail, but generally used for 2 wheels, but quads HAVE been through there, so it IS possible, just not ideal. BUT... that trail isn't very long, and leads to the main trails. They are hard packed dirt with some small rocks, and wide enough for a pickup truck to go down, so you can FLY through there. Then there are some other trails that lead to various other terrains such as: a sand pit, swampy muddy areas, wooded areas, hills with lots of gnarly stumps and roots, all kinds of stuff, so there's something for everyone. :metal:

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
cRaZy8 said:

<-------Norwalk, CT

Crazy 8, if the time comes close and you have room for one, keep me in mind. Even if you don't, I'll meet you on the way up and ride alongside.

·
410 Posts
I might have missed it, but can you show on MapQuest (or give an address) where the party is? I am trying to figure out if I can go, it's a couple days before my birthday and hopefully the bike will be streetlegal...if not, I always have a backup!!

Anyway, I might have missed it...haven't been on the forums in a few days....

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
Lunenburg, MA 01462

·
410 Posts
Total Est. Time: 9 hours, 55 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 556.55 miles
Doesn't sound bad...I get about 350 miles per tank(maybe less with the trailer and bikes)...30 gal tank, $3/ gallon... about $360 in gas to get up and back. Damn these gas prices!:mad:

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Too bad i can't buy my bike a seat on a sky bus.:D

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
zx636skiv said:
Total Est. Time: 9 hours, 55 minutes
Total Est. Distance: 556.55 miles
Doesn't sound bad...I get about 350 miles per tank(maybe less with the trailer and bikes)...30 gal tank, $3/ gallon... about $360 in gas to get up and back. Damn these gas prices!:mad:
30 gal tank? You must be talking about a car... somehow... I don't think a 636 with a 30 gal. tank would work out too well..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts