Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had this bike for 25yrs and its time to get it registered before I do any major mods to it and I stuck it in here because it sort of will look like a café once finished…I hope.
Started another build thread regarding this bike some time ago with the things I want to do with it but in the mean time need to get it registered and get my licence before I do anything major.
Once registered its getting turbo, nitrous, frame mods etc but for now it’s a quick clean up for rego and also…find most of the crap for it.

The bike was stripped and stored in crates over a decade ago, so for rego its only a front end swap.
As it is…
Engine has 1085 yoshimura pistons arias rings, barrnet clutch, race cams, straight cut gear, welded crank and just on 1500klms since built.
Front end is off a GSXR750 srad (gsxr rear will go on later) and rear shocks for now are Mazzocci strada.

this was it roughly, before i started doing the work to it and no the mask is not going on it also the GSXR rear end in the pic wont go on until after the rego...

frame started...

frame finished in matt black...

this is how you get a litre motor in a frame by yourself without scratching it...

this is it after 7 full days work on it, rear shocks still have to be done and yes i know...no front tyre yet.

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Front tyres on and working on the paint and panel, if you can call it that.
Rear cowl, seat and head light are done in cleared carbon fibre and the tank will get blue and white, Wes Cooley colours. Not sure what to do about the front guard though….

Also working on the electrics, wiring and mounting the components. Still have to buy a few things for it as well like rear sets, front master and some minor pieces…

·
RUST REMOVER
1,092 Posts
More please. Subbed

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
little more done.....

electrics and battery mounted under the seat

carbs on...sort of

stainless pipes are on

something else about the tank i forgot to mention..

so this is the tank if you recall, half done (blue still to do)....white during the day

this is what I forgot to mention....
and this is it at night, glows bright green

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So busy with work lately its hard to find time to do anything to it....not that its a bad thing, it means i get extra cash to spend on bike parts.

Tanks finally done....

this is it until the major parts arrive, at the moment just working on wiring etc and finishing off the seat and cowl...

·
Habitual bike builder
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
almost finished...
Just have a front master to buy, seat foam, fit the airfilter box and thats about it really...
(oh, that funny red thing on the top triple holds my speedo which is the i-phone with a gps speedo app)

·
Super Moderator
3,038 Posts
Besides the 1085cc kit and cams do you have any other work done to the engine? I only ask as the Lectrons are huge for a stock-ish engine and have no idle circuit to speak of ie. not friendly for street use.

If you already know all this..then carry on.

Later, Doug

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
I really dig this bike. The blacked out engine looks great against the black frame. Yeah, and that mask aughta scare the shit of of the kids, probably a few adults too.

What tail lights are those? Could you post a better pic of the back? What kind of filter are you using on the air box?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts