Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO Ive got a idea,
I Have my Suzuki GS1150 Efe, and Im just about to take it apart to do some some suspenstion mods, Im thinking of a total rebuild and something Radical,
Using a slabside Aluminum GSXR frame, with altered cradle, and building my self XR 41 replica.
The XR41 was the air cooled 998cc predisesor to the GSXR series
here are some pictures.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
i dig it. lots of people put oil cooled motors in air cooled frames, but you hardly ever see anyone putting air cooled motors in oil cooled frames. with the exception of the subframe, that xr41 frame looks almost identical to a slabby 750 frame. gotta be shit tons lighter than an efe frame.

that's the first pic of an xr41 i've seen in a looong time. i forgot how ahead of the times suzuki was back in the day. i say go for the replica, some people out there are into the historical bikes (like me!)

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
looks like im gonna have to catch up on my suzuki history to stay on the same page as ya with this build joe. sounds like a cool idea.

i considered making my 600rr into a carbon fiber Repsol replica...but she likes to run around naked, and who am i to stop a sexy bitch like that from running around naked right?!

thats def. a project that MOST people would just walk right by without a second look....but itd be worth it when some people stop dead in their tracks and almost break their necks to check it out.

:rock:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
You know my thoughts on ol school zuk's Joe...you're garage feeds my passion for them. Do it...do it...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
i personally like the old ones naked....i think the old bodywork is just uhhhhg leeeee! IMO

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I probably wouldnt run a fairing, maybe just the early type GSXR top half, if anything, it definately would have clipons and a early slabside race seat,
the main thing is the size of the motor, the EFE lump is a large peice of metal, and doesnt in any way fit in to a Slabby frame, at all
I guess thats where the MODing will fit In,
the object would be to make the bike as light as I posibly could.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
im even more excited since you said its gonna be nakey! do it do it. those ol skool gastanks are cool man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts