Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1201 - 1207 of 1207 Posts

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,201
been out for a couple of hours on the big old GS bus, after fitting new plugs, finishing off stick coil harness and final fiddle with carbs, now runs sweet, got home just before the rain started which was a bonus.
looking forward to getting the EFE sorted and swing arm fitted, onward :)

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,202
As i was going to get an Ignitech quick shifter for my EFE build, i thought it rude not to get one at the same time for the big bus, especially as she is already fitted with an Ignitech TCIP4 ignition pack.

had a look see last night on what i needed to do fitting wise, looks to be very simple, almost "plug and play"

might just have a go at fitting tonight

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,204
been doing a bit of testing, started off with the recommended 40ms off time, worked but seemed a bit clunky, so after a little bit more distance to see if i got used to it, i came home and set it to 45ms.

now much better, not perfect, but much smoother.

going to have to get used to being firm on the change, as i found i missed gears if i wasnt!!

will be riding to work tomorrow if weather is good to add some more miles, but liking it from the off.

·
old fart
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,205
Couple of things to report from the weekend,

1) changed the Q/shifter kill timing to 50ms, now spot on and very happy with its performance.

2) whilst i had the laptop out to program the Q/s i tried some different setting on the Dash to sort the gear position indicator, no luck, still crap!

3) to top it all off, out on Sun, bike wouldnt start after re fuel!! just clicking from start relay, AA confirmed 12.2v in battery, jump start and ride back home, battery on order, will check charging system once new battery on bike.

Onwards

1201 - 1207 of 1207 Posts