Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
couple more interesting bikes i found while digging around. all gs500's.

pretty trick gs.

i REALLY like this one. with the exception of the looong risers.

this one, uh.. yeah.. it's different. i wonder how much fun it is(n't) to ride a bike with so little power with so much tire. looks like someone was lurking around the [email protected] shops too long.

Reactions: rdannar

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
I'd love the last one with a reasonable swingarm and tire. They're all pretty cool... just goes to show with some love you can make any bike quick, fun, and unique.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
I actually kinda dig the orange one with the 330 tire. Kinda want to do something dumb like that with a little bike just for the fuck of it. Figure if you're gona take all the handeling out the thing anyway, why bother with a bunch of power? It ain't gona go anywhere to begin with. LOL.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
:Stupid: I wonder what it would take to put that swingarm/tire and front end on my 250:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: That would be so retarded it'd be awesome:D

So with the first one, with the USD's it looks like they opted to keep the single disc up front?? Thats odd. I know duals are considered overkill by alot of guys with the smaller bikes, but if you've got the setup, why not use it?:shootme:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
those are pretty cool, I've been lookin at gs fighters as of late because I might be getting a gs500 for the wifey.... she swears that it'll keep the fairings. lol

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Candyman said:
:Stupid: I wonder what it would take to put that swingarm/tire and front end on my 250:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: That would be so retarded it'd be awesome:D

So with the first one, with the USD's it looks like they opted to keep the single disc up front?? Thats odd. I know duals are considered overkill by alot of guys with the smaller bikes, but if you've got the setup, why not use it?:shootme:
Weight reduction?

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Ya, thats the thought. But all it is is a disc and a caliper, 3-4lbs maybe??

I can fully understand the reasoning for keeping it light, but when it comes to small bikes, you're not gunna get lots of power anyhow, my philosophy is keep it agile. If you have dual stompers you could enter the corners faster before braking, then with the beefed spingers you could ride the corners better too. Ya, its a few pounds... but meah. you're not gunna out-pull the super sports anyway, so what the heck.

Honestly I'd love to fit an RSV125 front end on my 250. USD's and dual stompers already, and still lightweight- I believe you wouldnt even have to go to a 17" wheel.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
more tire options for a 17" wheel tho.

and HOLY SHIT!

i had to call people over to my computer at work and show them these pics today. those are definately the grossest gs 5's i've ever laid eyes on.

i like the middle (grey) one the best.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ok just imagine the last bike with a full stunt sprocket on it. I havent done a wheelie before but I imagine you could get away with alot with that rear tire.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
ok. now picture yourself on your way to the hospital and your bike on the way to the junkyard.

that thing would SUCK for stunting...you could do a straight wheelie im sure, but thats about it!. haha.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am totally liking the tail section on the orange unit!!! I have been reading alot of older posts on DIY tails, going to get the foam in the morning... I have way to much time on my hands I think...

·
Registered
191 Posts
No Moto you just have proper motivation

Adam Im gonna take your word on it. Im still too pussy to attempt a wheelie. Im waiting till I get better frame sliders and maybe a better engine cover before I try and one wheeled antics.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
seriously, if you want to learn to wheelie, go get a honda 50. it'll teach you ALOT. i stopped stunting my street bike for a looong while when i had my 50's. so much fun, and not as likely to kill yourself on!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
duh, i don't know why i didn't think to add this bike here. this is my friend Dan's GS500. he was the editor of a local motorsports magazine, and used this bike as a series of build up articles for the mag. sweet bike.

http://www.octaneonline.com/culmination.htm

awe, i just noticed, he even put my name at the bottom, inn't that sweet, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts