Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a friend of mine has a gs500f....little aircooled zuki....anyways, tonight it started acting up when we were cruising around. Once the bike heats up, it start to lean itself out to a point where we have to keep the choke on so that it will idle. When the bike is cool she says it works fine, now I know when mine had a similar issue it was the idle jet that was clogged but it would do it when it was cold, hers starts to bog when its been running for a bit. Now it was a very hot day here, but that shouldn't matter, I figure there is a mixture issue with the carbs, what do you guys think? I'm gonna go take a look at it tomorrow after work and if anyone has any experience with these mini-monsters I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks guys!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I need good pictures of her ass to help diagnose the problem.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
sounds like she has an intake leak that's getting worse as it gets hotter. the gs500 uses some really long rubber intake boots, as the rubber gets hotter, the boots witll get more pliable, and any leak may become more aparent.

just a guess though. hard to diagnose that kind of thing over the net, but it's worth a look.

now uh... about those ass pics... :D

·
the Gixxer is BACK!
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well you jackasses, I fixed the problem! Turns out her filter was full of lentals (to you non agricultural types that means "peas")....apprantly she bought the bike from a guy who had it stored in his equipment shed and the mice decided to stockpile in it. So I emptied out the filter and problem solved!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts