Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
old fart
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new project for hopeful completion early next year will be GS600, a smaller version of my GS1157 build but for Avril to ride.
it will be a GS750 frame, tank and bodywork with a bandit 6 motor, but looking into doing a monoshock rear end.
watch this space :rock:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
my new project for hopeful completion early next year will be GS600, a smaller version of my GS1157 build but for Avril to ride.
it will be a GS750 frame, tank and bodywork with a bandit 6 motor, but looking into doing a monoshock rear end.
watch this space :rock:
At least show us a pile of parts. What a tease. :)

·
old fart
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yesterday i phoned DVLA to try and find out if the VIN number on the US import frame i have is on
Their Database.
Well as you can expect from the DVLA the answer wasnt forthcoming!!! I was told that they wont give out information over the phone.
I explained to the dvla rep that all i wanted to know was if it was on the system!
tried to explain what had happened with my last build and that i wasnt wanting to have to jump through all the "hoops" again.
he went off to talk to his "supervisor"
came back and said "you will need to write a letter with all the details of what you are wanting and send it to KITS & REBUILDS and they would get back to me within four wheeks.
I said that it was exactly them i was trying to avoid, after all the hassles i had with them last time.
So i have made the decision to short cut that bunch of tossers, I will now send my V5 dock for my other frame away for a "change of frame" and see what comes back! bet i will get a quicker answer than writing to the wankers at K&R.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,046 Posts
here in the usa we can do whatever the fuck we want.

That sounds like an assload of trouble
The "worst" requirement we have in my area ( IMO ) is the fact that you gotta have front blinkers if you have rear blinkers. Can't just have one or the other. Which sucks, because I always want rears, but never want fronts. :(

Hell, I don't even get mine inspected annually. Tags, insurance, gas and go...

Good luck, Steve. Sounds like a pain for sure.

·
old fart
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BUT, and this is a BIG but, as i have found out in the past, they never seem to do the same things twice, even when given the same details/information as before!!!
so there is only one thing for it, send for a change of Frame No, sit back and wait for the shit storm :oops:

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
I sent in my Ducati V5 with a change of engine number about 2 weeks ago.... radio silence so far, the fun you've had with the DVLA has had me worried. Holding thumbs for us both!

1 - 20 of 287 Posts