Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mcguire
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone could tell Me what the "safe" max rpm would be for an 83 750 with an
814 Wiseco kit. I'm not sure what cams I have or really anything much for that matter!!��
Any input would help.
Basically what I'm wondering is how high Ya can rev these motors,
In pretty much stock form.

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
That bike should be able to spin an indicated 10,000rpm all day long. :thumbsup:

Without changing to aftermarket cams the piston kit will just heap on the horse power and torque to the already rev happy engine those 750's were in their day. In my opinion it is well worth the investment. ;)

·
Mcguire
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That bike should be able to spin an indicated 10,000rpm all day long. :thumbsup:

Without changing to aftermarket cams the piston kit will just heap on the horse power and torque to the already rev happy engine those 750's were in their day. In my opinion it is well worth the investment. ;)
Thanks Man. Trying to sort out about four or five other people's ideas about how to go about making this thing run good. What cams would Ya recommend? I run 1/4 mile. I have made a few passes with the smaller motor this Year and went 11.60's NOT hitting the limiter in the traps. That motor is basically stock.
I also am running 31mm CR Specials that I just found out were WAY too fat. Got the bike apart now that I won't be racing again 'till April.

·
Mcguire
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Man. Trying to sort out about four or five other people's ideas about how to go about making this thing run good. What cams would Ya recommend? I run 1/4 mile. I have made a few passes with the smaller motor this Year and went 11.60's NOT hitting the limiter in the traps. That motor is basically stock.
I also am running 31mm CR Specials that I just found out were WAY too fat. Got the bike apart now that I won't be racing again 'till April.
Oh yeah, I plan on dropping down a tooth on the front sprocket to get the gearing where it should be. If I'm right it should put Me at My shift point at the 1000' mark.

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Not much for info on the actual workings of the 750E engines myself, cam wise I am unsure there is much option out there really. Could get a custom grind from who knows what company out there but that ends up running into the big dollar area of improving the engine's peak performance. If it were up to me I would scrap the stock 750 platform alltogether and hunt down an air/oil 750 lump from a GSXR as they respond much better to almost anything you do to them.

11.6 is blazing quick though, hell, 5 years before that bike was new it was something of a feat to be consistent at an amateur level with a XS1100 Special running the same time. A stock Bandit 1200 isn't a whole lot quicker down the quarter if we are measuring in horse shoes and hand grenades. :)

I would personally consider an aftermarket ignition and a squeeze of nitrous to top off the runs, click top gear for the run and spray the shit out of it to the traps. But that is because I am a cheap bastard and would rather spend money filling bottles than paying for dyno time running a turbo bike.

Sticking with the CR31's I would imagine the big pistons and a set of custom ground "mild" cams would do the trick to open up the engine a bit. Most likely want to smooth the ports in the head a little if it isn't done, de-burr the exhaust ports and match them to the header inlets, polish up the valves and index the plugs, etc., etc.. Slotting the cam gears in order to degree them properly, and going to the extent of a full blueprint/rotation assembly balancing, and sorting all the little bits (like oil passage de-burring/smoothing) to perfection could yield alot of man hours into those castings after you crack the bolts free, but you will never regret knowing every inch of that engine, and contrary to popular belief engine work is a rather therapeutic and strait forward process, it only comes apart and goes together one way. :)

There is hidden horse power in almost every motorcycle engine in stock form, it just requires the proper patience and know-how to unlock the last few ponies the factory forgets to tell you that you have. When my Bandit engine is done it will be a loving effort of the greatest length and a crying shame I will have to put it all back into the bike hidden away under gunmetal black Suzuki powder coating. :D

·
Mcguire
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not much for info on the actual workings of the 750E engines myself, cam wise I am unsure there is much option out there really. Could get a custom grind from who knows what company out there but that ends up running into the big dollar area of improving the engine's peak performance. If it were up to me I would scrap the stock 750 platform alltogether and hunt down an air/oil 750 lump from a GSXR as they respond much better to almost anything you do to them.

11.6 is blazing quick though, hell, 5 years before that bike was new it was something of a feat to be consistent at an amateur level with a XS1100 Special running the same time. A stock Bandit 1200 isn't a whole lot quicker down the quarter if we are measuring in horse shoes and hand grenades. :)

I would personally consider an aftermarket ignition and a squeeze of nitrous to top off the runs, click top gear for the run and spray the shit out of it to the traps. But that is because I am a cheap bastard and would rather spend money filling bottles than paying for dyno time running a turbo bike.

Sticking with the CR31's I would imagine the big pistons and a set of custom ground "mild" cams would do the trick to open up the engine a bit. Most likely want to smooth the ports in the head a little if it isn't done, de-burr the exhaust ports and match them to the header inlets, polish up the valves and index the plugs, etc., etc.. Slotting the cam gears in order to degree them properly, and going to the extent of a full blueprint/rotation assembly balancing, and sorting all the little bits (like oil passage de-burring/smoothing) to perfection could yield alot of man hours into those castings after you crack the bolts free, but you will never regret knowing every inch of that engine, and contrary to popular belief engine work is a rather therapeutic and strait forward process, it only comes apart and goes together one way. :)

There is hidden horse power in almost every motorcycle engine in stock form, it just requires the proper patience and know-how to unlock the last few ponies the factory forgets to tell you that you have. When my Bandit engine is done it will be a loving effort of the greatest length and a crying shame I will have to put it all back into the bike hidden away under gunmetal black Suzuki powder coating. :D
👍👍

·
Mcguire
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's been apart recently. I bought it from My cousin's husband.
He, in turn bought it from My Uncle who has 7 other bikes, 5 of which are drag bikes.
I'm just trying to have a little fun next season and after that a GSXR1100 motor will be slid into the thing!!!!���� $ is just a little tight right now and I can get parts from friends pretty cheap.
I'm just trying to gain as much knowledge about these motors as I can, so I really appreciate ANY help!!!! Thanks!!����

1 - 10 of 10 Posts