Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Right Hook
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All discussion for this build goes here!

Hey gang, here is my entry. She's my 1985 GSXR 7/11. Currently I have her torn down pretty far. She has a 1052 engine, and a cool old school Cal-Fab racing swinger. :D My plans still aren't definite, but I do have a rough direction that I want to go with her.

I want her beauty to be based around the beauty of machinery, not flashy add-ons. (Think the inside of a nice watch. Machinery can be art.)

I want her to be bobbed. But bobbed VERY neatly.

Function will dominate form.

This will be a BUDGET build. I'm not working right now, so I don't have much cash flow at all. Hopefully I can sell of spares and plastics to help me along some.

Here are a few pics to get started.

You can see I have already chopped the subframe earlier.

The only thing I have done so far is to get started cleaning the frame for paint. There was gunked up chain grease all over it, and I still have some more work to do there.

She already bit me.... this girl is WILD. :shocker:

·
Right Hook
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, quick update. I went over every inch of the engine today with some degreaser, a couple of rags, some brushes, and some red scotchbrite pads. Took a few hours, but I want to do it once. Tropical storm Ike kinda messed me up today, but I hope to paint it in the next couple of days.

Took some pictures, not that you can tell I cleaned it, so I may post em later.

·
Right Hook
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Started cleaning up some aluminum today to use for a seat. This came out of a horsetrailer, and it was covered in glue and outdoor carpet-type stuff. I peeled off the carpet, and then hit it with the wire wheel, then sanded it down. I'm working tonight on a design for my seat, then hopefully in the next couple of days I can get it cut out. :)

·
Right Hook
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, life has thrown a few things my way, so while I was busy living it, nothing got done to my bike.

I did get some shelving to get all of my shit up off of the floor though. Its nice to finally be somewhat organized.

Anywho, while I was running some wire for it today, I found a scoop laying around the shop and thought it looked cool on the bike in a post-apocalyptic sort of way. I may have a bit of a new direction now. I also started working on some cardboard mock-ups of the seat I want to build. Ignore the nut-crunching angle of that cardboard, it bent itself. I'm going to play with it all a bit more tomorrow, and hopefully run some wire. I need to build a new battery box so I can start mounting some stuff up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts