Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
streamlines fighter

OK guy well I ran Into a little decision I need assistance with. Kind of stuck. Zxr tail. Gsxr1000 swinger. An katana fairings. Keep in mind if I do keep the fairings they will be chopped down to accept different light. An clip one. Thanksfor any imput fighters.

When purchased

Bushing made by db. To make gsr1000 mate well with katan frame

Mocked up very loosly

To its current state. Swinger/rim secure.

Just need input of fairings thanks guys

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so I got bored. An cut the fairing down I think it's good at the moment so I decided to put on my new grips my new levers try and get a general conception of how the bike is going to look let me know what you guys think.. Also here are shots of the bike bare with original subframe before I hacked it up. Then to now..

Had to move to another area to work so I had to build up some benches to do work

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No body liked the bike before. But after I showed em the minor changes they were like wow. Almost got the wife to let me take a pic of her in her robe for the section " us girl an ur bike" lol. An I agree these Kats r tough

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I think the side fairings actually look good. Maybe chop them up slightly more to his the ugly frame but flow with lines. Either way nice work so far

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ideas for the front of the fairing. An cutaways for the rear of the fairing

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Good luck with the build. And kats are though. Im doing one at the moment. I like what you've done to frame. Looks like from factory

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. Yea i was trying to make the new mounts off the frame for the zxr subframe look clean like from factory glad u guys approve so far.. so got my rearsets the other day off an gsxr1000. So I started to figure where an how they will mount. So I can up with this:

I cut off the last remaining nubs that were left over from origional subframe

An wanted to reinforce the the frame in that area so I took a scrap peice of square stock that was cut off the origional subframe

Cut off 3 1/4" off an to my surprise it tucks right into frame.
I will be welding it in there.

Ok so now I have it boxed back in with the scrap square stock. I'm trying to come up with a clean way to mount
1. I notch out the square stock an recess the rear set in the frame.
2. Or I weld 2 tabs on the out side of the scrap square stock to bolt up the rearsets?
Any opinions guys.

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK guys so o came to the conclusion that either option for rearset placement.. I sat on the mut an had the wife place the rearset where my leg felt most comfortable. Turns out they need to be placed 4-5 " away from the frame. If I am building up this bike I call the must I want my legs to be comfortable. Stay tuned I think I found an interesting way to mount them comfortably an functionally ..just so they don't look odd being too far back

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WORDED UPDATE:

ok guys so i wanted to incorperate the knuckles into my rearset bracket mounts but it didnt come out as planned so i just took some 1/4" steel plate cut it, shaped it, tacked it, an bolted the rearset set. i like the placement. bracket still thinking.

But sorry for no real update on progress/ pictures, we kno this site is hard up for pics. i have been welding p new frame crossmembers for my brother in-laws 79 F150 custom. he has been bugging me to get these done for him..

update soon to people who follow this tread!. Apologize again.,

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok guys well sitting at my desktop right now an decided to look at new guage options an have come up with 2 possibilities

Option 1:

Option 2:

Both guages are the same an will work either i hook up the origional speed sensor or attach the magnet setup..although the second guages do not have the shroud as the first does, Option 2 i like a little more because of my trial an error of ny custom rearset brackets. so it a win win. love the way it has the knuckles an says street fighter on it already ha.

What do you guys think? opinions?

·
Blood,Sweat N Beers
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok guys well took some time off from the bike. was getting over whelmed with all i still had to do.. so i took on another project. since it winter still i decided to pick up an 04 skidoo rev 600. an drop in a 800 H.O engine. an long track it, 144". needless to say the snow left an i was short on time to finish.. so that went on the burner. spring is here so i started on the bike again. where i left off i was figuring out how/where to mount my rearsets. came up with this:

i liked it so i went ahead an dropped the motor/ swingarm/forks. popped the frame on the work bench an started to weld, an grind an shape still have more to go but this is what we have

got tired of grinding so i quit that for the night it was also 1:30AM. wife probaly wouldnt be to happy if i kept going. so i popped on the tail an seat to seat the looks of the bike from a stand back.. thought the seat had too much of a flat look so i un-upholstered it an shaved it down. like it move on. so i then started to infill the gaps with cardboard to see how i wanna do the fiberglass panels

so after that i was sitting there thinking of anything more i can do cosmetically. 10 beers deep. picked up my sawzall an cut the frame brace out. took a step back an said hmmm. not sure if that was a great idea. the look is there but structual hmm. cant turn back now. so where the infill piece is on the frame. im going to weld in 1/4 plate for strength, should be more than enough.

so turned the lights off an shut down the work room.
went upstairs an got online. ordered resin, fiberglass chop strands. fiberglass roller, tail light an under tray.

next order of business is weld in tabs for the new side panels. shape/smooth out the frame, make the frame all one surface. especially up front.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Don't buy those gauge my friend. I have hard time to make it work correctly then I just threw it to the garbage. If you would like more accuracy try the Trail Tech Vapor Stealth.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
ok guys well sitting at my desktop right now an decided to look at new guage options an have come up with 2 possibilities

Option 1:

Option 2:

Both guages are the same an will work either i hook up the origional speed sensor or attach the magnet setup..although the second guages do not have the shroud as the first does, Option 2 i like a little more because of my trial an error of ny custom rearset brackets. so it a win win. love the way it has the knuckles an says street fighter on it already ha.

What do you guys think? opinions?
I actually bought these gauges a looonngg time ago for my GSXR1100 and they never made it onto the bike. So I kept the gauges, and just found the wiring diagram for it, and i'm setting it up on my 1993 katana 600. Getting ready to dive into the wiring soon. But I believe I have #2.

1 - 20 of 562 Posts