Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 60 of 562 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
ok guys got my 99 gxsr 750 lower triple , forks will arive 2morrow. but im trying to figure out what i can do to make the tripples work. so looking at the triples,

first image, clearly different lengths. so took out my caliper an measured the stem diameters at the base.
contemplated stem swap.
99 gsxr 750 - 31.8 MM
97 gsx 600 - 31.4 MM

so second photo, widths of the triples are different not a huge deal.
so ? is will the gsx 600 stem work in the gsxr 750 base. or no-go.
if so i press it out an back in.
or if anyone has any other ideas, that would be great..

second question.
Who can make a top triple. at a fairly decent price?

thanks guys..

Discussion starter · #42 ·
swing arm done.. an a taste of the accent color

while being 9 beers deep HA!!

Discussion starter · #43 ·
forks came in

gonna clean em up today an bake some paint on em

What's up with the different lengths on the forks?

Discussion starter · #45 · (Edited)
optical illusion. when i uploaded the pic i was like wtf myself ha.. quickly ran over to then an they are the same length ha

onto the forks:
cleaned em up an scuffed them. taped an wrapped
first coat of primer

baked an 3 coats later, ready for first coat of black paint

had 3 coats of black an into the chamber to bake for an hour.
got anxious an kept opening the chamber to see them.. an had to get my mind off of them until they were done.. it cant maintain temp. if i keep opening it lol.
so i decided while it was baking i would built a crude engine stand to cradle the engine for cleaning, painting an start the process of fitting the headers tomorrow

an hour later i pulled the forks, unwrapped them an this was the result
fresh out the oven.. color will darken

an more rearset parts. the blue is darker. the flash doesnt help any

Discussion starter · #46 ·
also ordered allballs racing bearing to convert the forks. also ordered the top clamp. i think with a little modification it will work both lower beaings from either triples are the same. so i will just have to sort the stem length.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
ok so another update for you guys.

started the day by putting the frame on the engine, an mocked up the header. i knew when i purchased this header i would have to modify the collector. so i took a 1/4" off the top where it meets the oil pan.
welded in a patch to plate the 1/4 i removed. sanded down an this is what i had so far.

liked it so i then checked clearances one again

perfect!!

so sprayed with high heat VHT black i didnt think i had. n baked it.

then threw the tank an tail an swingarm on to get a reference for the start of my undertail exhaust..
started cutting the 90 degree tubing. one piece led to 2 then cut an angle another piece. then 3 pieces came to 4 pieces..
this was the result..

keep in mide where the pipes passes by the rearset. im thinking of an exhaust shield for that.. an can connect to collector yet till its off the engine stand

Discussion starter · #48 ·
happy memorial day to all who celebrate!!

well i was thinkin an looking at the new exhaust an noticed i didnt like where it passed over the rear set.. what mainly got me thinking about was it didnt give me enough room for my foot. but loved the way it sat. so i started again from scratch, tucked it closer to the frame an this is now what i got..

when i started this build i had no idea what was going to happen..
knew i liked the 1000 swinger
liked the zx6 tail.
everything is just coming together, like the primer on the frame. i think i am going to wet sand it an lay another coat an leave it.. its a nice contrast to the black an blue.. still got to do the fiberglass panels still sorting the hardner deal.. then time to tackle the top triple an button everything up.. 2 WEEKs is my dead line CF'ers its happening!!!!!!! :rock:

Discussion starter · #50 ·
yea was thinking the same i knew they went underneath the exhaust but was hoping to get lucky an mount more towards seat, pic below.. but no luck, i need something smaller an triangular.. now i got this far im pondering 2 yoshi pipes out the back.. or another pair of slip ons i like better.. turn signals im gonna try to integrate with the brake light. an for front im thinking led bands. or might countersink flush mounts into the side panels i am going to make

1" off center an to close for the can.. so out it goes ha

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Ok so I sent an email to the person about the hardener missing from my package with the resin. First email 2 weeks ago was polite. An stating I am missing items. No answer. Second message a week ago. I sent another email stating the same. An was a little more blunt about it. No answer. Last night pretty tipsy. Was furious about not seeing any progress without my hardener so I wrote them the thru email. Stating god damn fucking dirt bag. I still have yet to receive an email that you saw my emails. I paid for items I did not receive to my eyes thats stealing. Is there anymore honest people in the world!! . . Next thing you know today I checked my emails. An the gut had written back with an excuse, saying he just got put in charge of handling emails. An said the company is honest an doesn't steal. To rectify the situation she sent me double the amount of hardener, I had originally purchased... Awesome, progress. Why does it take bitching an moaning for individuals to actually get the lead out an just be honest an productive. It's unreal.. Sorry about the speal .

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Original was suppose to be a gallon of resin an 2 oz of hardener. Now instead of 2 oz he sent me 4 oz hardener

Discussion starter · #54 ·
ok guys i need the 2 spanner nuts an top triple nut.. but dont wanna spend 60 for new? does any one know what bike had the same combination.. meaning stem wise? 98 gsxr 750 is the stem i have

Discussion starter · #55 ·
ok so little update.
ordered a new lower triple with all the washers an top nut an notch nuts of a 98 gsxr 750..
returned the lower triple i purchased prior.
recieved the hardener for my resin going to start working on my panels tonight
Ordered:
1. a new rim an tire for the front.
2. front axle
3. what will be my new taillight setup- temporarily
4. new 54 mm clip on
5. tank pad.
6. front calipers
7. rear pillion

an now searching for sprocket an chains

stay tuned

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Pics later tonight.

I am thanking the guy who shipped my 800 h.o rev motor in foam blocks.
Iused em.
Started with securing the tank with exactly how it will fit. On bike.
Then cut the foam an wedged it in the hole beneath the tank. Glued more in an shaped. Glued more in an shaped. Passenger side 95% drivers side 80 % . After I have the desired contour out of foam for the side panels.I will spray primer then apply bondo an sand. Then move onto a base coat. Sand . Wax. Wax. Wax. An finally fiberglass. Gonna be a long couple days

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Alright guys on constructio site right now. An came across a piece of plexi-glass. An got to thinking ( oh no). Thinking clear clutch cover. What thickness would be idea for the cover? I have thick aluminum sheeting for the outter ring. Hmm.

41 - 60 of 562 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.