Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hello there fellas. I finally got me another 1100. Unfortunately it's watercooled. I know I know, not nearly as great or plentiful as the Oil Boilers, but a gsxr 1100 none-the-less.

I picked her up and she's a dirty little girl. Had been sitting in someone's body shop for about a year. Original owner passed away from a heart attack and he had plenty of moto stuff. His father finally decided he was tired of looking at it all, so he contacted a friend and he first called me and held it for a couple weeks til I could buy it from him. The guy I got it from got a 1995 CBR900RR and the 1100 plus a couple motors, and enough plastics for both bikes.

So it was missing the wind screen, needed a new ignition, and a rear seat. That's it. Polished wheels, polished frame, arm, everything. So I plan on cleaning it all up, going over all the aluminum stuff to bring it all back to life.

It's got stock airbox and BST36SS carbs. plan on leaving everything as is for now just to get riding. I don't have the funds nor time to do a proper fighter treatment. But I do plan on getting a newer GSXR tail swap started for the winter. I figure do a good tail swap, leave the plastics on the front, should look like a pretty gnarly bike.

So I plan on doing dirty things to it in the future, just not now. I'm still trying to get over my previous GSXR catastrophe and don't feel like risking much of anything with this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Fuck yea great to see you back on the 1100 bus after the previous burnout.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuck yea great to see you back on the 1100 bus after the previous BURNOUT.
Ahhhhh what a dick!!!!!!

J/k. Yeah I'm glad to finally be with another suzuki. I had a very brief affair with a kawi zx7r that turned out to be a complete fucking nightmare. So I got rid of it and waited to save up for this one. I'll never leave my ZUKS at this point.

I'm pretty pumped. But this thing is dirty as hell. Lots of paint dust and obvious bondo dust from sitting in a shop for a year.

Can't wait to get her going. It needs some love. Quite frankly, I wish I had something to fighter out. But this one is too nice. I have my eye on the 900RR that my buddy has. Already stripped and ready to go Itching for an mt03 and some dirty bars.

But the wife said 1 bike for now. Told me if I catch this one on fire then I'm not allowed to have another. :doh:

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I got the rear brake caliper off and apparently the PO didn't really feel like changing the brake pads. Ever. They were worn down to bare metal. And then some. The rotor looks okay. But im sure it took a beating.

Put the shock from a k4 600 on it that I kept after my last 1100. No modifying whatsoever. But it has lowering links. Which are fucking stupid. So those will get replaced.

Got it running today. Pilot circuit is dirty. Gotta clean them. The screws on the carbs are stripped so I'm not sure how I'll get those out. And some other odds and ends shit.

I can't wait to get it street worthy again.

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I swear. Every time I look at this bike I find something wrong with it. First off there's 2 different front rotors. Not a big deal, but definitely noticed it. Then both front calipers were hanging by one bolt each. Turns out, one of those bolts was the twin line banjo bolt that I went ahead and ordered because I didn't think there was one on the bike. Then there's 5 bolts holding in the ignition cover, all 5 have different heads. The fuck?

Lowered through the triples, I just find truly annoying. Oil cooler zip tied to the radiator. I don't mind zip ties, but for something that could fall and literally be ripped off in a couple of seconds, I'd rather it be bolted. Petcock is well, ghetto. No handle, and gorilla glue holding it together packed around the edges. Neon lights in front and back, no switch to turn them on, it looks like they were being used on different hot wires to the bike. Scrapped that shit. Then of course that rear caliper.

Thank god I have all the shit just lying around to fix this clusterfuck.

Oh and I threw on my zx-14 front brake master cylinder and made a nifty little aluminum bracket to hold the reservoir. First time I'll actually get to use it. Plus I have the clutch side as well. It'll go on once I take the bike for its first ride. But did y'all know that there's a bleeder valve up on too of the master cylinder body to help bleed the lines? I didn't. So that's quite awesome considering bleeding clutches is bullshit.

Carbs have also been taken down to bare bodies for a nice long pine-sol soak. Also threw in the jets, needles, choke plungers and emulsion tubes. So hopefully once I get this thing back together, it should be ready to ride.

But that's my nice long lengthy picture less update. Oh and I'm looking into doing a monoposto tail from a 90's 916. Full tail section and sub frame for about $300. Get it painted to match the plastics and it should look pretty awesome. Just gotta sell a lot of old Gsxr 1100 stuff first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.