Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FanaticZ for life..
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

after looking in to SSSA measurements and all the dimensions of SSSA I decided to start a new thread, because I´m completly lost :confused:

So anyone with the experience, what SSSA fits to Suzuki GSX-R 750 K4?

Thanks for any opinions and answers.:letsride:

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
things to look for (yourself)

What swingarm width is of your desire

what your pivot point width is (don't worry too much about the pivot bolt, you can deal with that easily)

The length of the swingarm vs stock

What gearing comes with the wheel used (you don't want it too tall or too low)

how the shock mount sits (offset or centered)

Is the shock direct link or linkage style

If things don't match up 100% then some can be fudged a bit.

Vfr swaps are pretty easy, swingarm width is pretty narrow. The pivot is average size, nothing weird going on. Also the shock area is pretty easy to work with

get 'r done

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think that i found somewhere that on gsxr can be fitted vfr 750 sssa from model before '93 with some modifications

·
FanaticZ for life..
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank tou guys!
I do not bother by modifying the sssa, but I've tried the 1993 VFR sssa..Only one problem I had - the shock absorbes has different height and ending..
Therefore I was asking, if someone even meet this problem and a tip how to solve it.
But again,really thank you for comments!

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
use the vrf shock if using the vfr linkage

use the gsxr shock if you use the gsxr linkage.

gotta make thing line up, usually by machining custom bits.

does the arm fit in the frame? do the sprockets line up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
use the vrf shock if using the vfr linkage

use the gsxr shock if you use the gsxr linkage.

gotta make thing line up, usually by machining custom bits.

does the arm fit in the frame? do the sprockets line up?
I was use on my cbr with sssa arm cbr shock and vfr linkage, with cbr linkage it was just too high seat position, i barrely touch floor with my foot fingers

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I was use on my cbr with sssa arm cbr shock and vfr linkage, with cbr linkage it was just too high seat position, i barrely touch floor with my foot fingers

Lol foot fingers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Lol nothing, just thought it was funny

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lol nothing, just thought it was funny

Hehe, it was looking funny when i was try to seat on it and i'm almost 180cm high, maybe i could adjust it on shock but i had vfr linkage and didnt want to bother with that... On gsxr is maybe different but he always can make custom linkage

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
cbr/vfr's have different linkage types than gsxr's.. so their shocks are about twice as stiff and shorter stoke as gsxr units.

08+ gsxr use the cbr linkage type.. so they're eyelets both ends.

fwiw.. the pre 93 vfr arm is horrible to use.. i used it as i had it.. later ones would be easier to make work.

·
Administrator
5,263 Posts
Lol foot fingers?
My girlfriend is Polish and they don't have a word for "toes" they basically say "leg-fingers". I know. :nuts: :D

Where are you from zlija?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
My girlfriend is Polish and they don't have a word for "toes" they basically say "leg-fingers". I know. :nuts: :D

Well medically are all called phalanges, so basically the same thing loo

·
Registered
21 Posts

From Croatia, "leg fingers" is called in my country too... ;) maybe I use wrong words but you understand what I wanted to say ;) and of course english is not my natural language (didnt use google to translate this)...

·
V four honda whore
12,425 Posts
Kāju pirksti - leg fingers, same here

Reactions: zlija
1 - 18 of 18 Posts