Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
They call me Jonny-FIVE
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm planning on getting a 2004 GSX-R600 from a friend of mine pretty soon. I like the the lines of the 2004 but i was wondering if the 2006 subframe would fit the 2004 frame so I could do a tail swap. I ask because I don't have a welder.

·
ill make it fit
727 Posts
Most likely not but they should be close and all you should have to do is get the top or bottem mounts to bolt up and bend the other tubes with some heat and gloves.

·
Kapitalist Kunt
887 Posts
Most likely not but they should be close and all you should have to do is get the top or bottem mounts to bolt up and bend the other tubes with some heat and gloves.
Or make a mount plate to adapt the new subframe to the existing mounts.

·
Bikes, Bitches and Beer
973 Posts
what are your plans for the 04 subframe, scrapping it?
I'll take it, if your looking to give it away or sell it for cheap.

·
They call me Jonny-FIVE
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The subframe does not fit. You have to make a bracket or something to make it fit. But you can use the 06/07 tail on your 04/05 sub.
Heres a pic:
http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2008\11\17\bikepics-1485150-800.jpg

As you can see the tail doesnt fit perfectly, but it looks good I thinks!
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR. I just noticed this. I haven't been back on this thread in a while. Hopefully I'll be able to get the bike either this month or next month. I just have to talk my dad into buying it for me hahahaha. Have to get a job cause i have to start paying bills hahaha. sometimes it sucks being an adult. :LolLolLolLol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts