Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey fellas, so for those of you who seen my katana thread you see that I have an abundance of katana 600 motors at this point. I really am dying to have another liter bike like i've had previously, so i've been thinking.

Will a set of 1100 jugs and pistons fit on a gsx600f block? just wondering as i have 3 of em. and I know the GSXR parts are not very hard to get. A head jugs and pistons will probably cost a few hundred not including carbs. I can get new rings for the pistons and of course new gaskets and what not. but don't know how well the transmission will hold up if there's any difference. and TBH a 1216 kit may not be out of the question either.

so any knowledge yall can throw down, do it here. :rock:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Best thing is to go on a site with those microfische type parts diagrams and start comparing. Seems ambitious though. Couldn't you get a 1100 motor for a few hundred anyway? Tranny would probably hold, but I bet motor dimensions will be different.

cylinders + head for a few hundred
+ gaskets + rings for at least a couple hundred, more like 3 or 4
+carbs

Complete engine might even come with carbs if you get lucky. Then cash left over for bore kit and turbo, nos and whatever else. lol. only jokes

I know the katana engines are very interchangeable with the bandit engines, maybe everyone else does as well but throwing it out there. And its going backwards anyway.

G

·
The answer to your question is a resounding no !

Reasons...... top crank case wont accept the 11 barrels, different sized gudgeon pins on the pistons, stroke is different, the list goes on & on.

The best you can do with a 6 engine if you want more power is either 750 it or chuck it & stick something bigger in there

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hahaha dammit!! I was pretty positive the crank case itself wouldn't accept the 1100 barrels. I figured if anything that would be what got me stuck. Thinking about the wrist pins they're prolly smaller than 1100 if i had a guess.

and crow, if you can find me an 1100 motor that's only a few hundred and within driving range then yes i'd pick one up. I've been searching for over a year just for the motor whether it be a 1200 bandit or 1127 gsxr. But you can get the head, jugs with pistons right now off ebay for a few hundred as i had stated. yes of course gaskets and rings will be more, but only about 150-200 more at best.

It was worth a shot none the less. Thanks for you're input.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im prob gettin mixed up with the transatlantic prices from GBP to USD. further compunded by the fact that I'm now living in Euro land...

In UK I could easily get motors for around 250 GBP. Cheaper was never too good though. Only one on ebay in your ball park is a 1200 bandit at 480USD with a 650 asking price. Dunno about driving distance though (it is in USA but a big place, or so I heard).

side note:

Rings for my cbr were 50GBP per piston but they had to come from Japan.

Top end gasket kit for gsf/gsxf showing at 180 USD. Or just the base and head gasket for 80USD. Prob cheaper about, and again I dont know about driving distance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts