Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:DHello fellow fighters

I have been lurkin on the forum for a long time but never startet a build thread since my build was moving very slow.
But now that I have finished, I wanted to share my first build and absolute pride :thumbsup: Some of the work was done a long time ago, so some parts of the build might be very vagely described - sorry

Ok, here we go: I startet with this ..

after riding it like that for a couple of seasons, I decided that something had to happen, so I tore of the fairings and bought a set of lamps

a R1 rear end, and a couple of Yoshimura carbon mufflers

I also bought some KTM sidefairings (Inspired by motohorhos build)

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also bought some bling Yoshi resevoir covers and some cheap asian levers from ebay..

They are really nice quality, but they dont make em to fit bikes that old (clutch lever was a mismatch). unwilling to change clutch and brake master I modified the clutch to fit.

I basically removed the material in the red circle to make it the same thickness all over. In the green circle you will have to add some materialone way or the other, to function as a stopper and to keep it from flipping backwards. It doesent have to be a really pretty solution as that part is coverd by the clutch master.

It looks HOT!

I desided the suspention could use an overhaulin so got me self a gsxr k3 shock.

Even though the lenght was good it is a little bigger in diameter than OEM, so I had to grind the rocker a little bit (see drawing) to make it fit.

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, that was not the end of it.. I got inspired by this: (which I ofcourse also modded)

Afterwards I made a photochop of what I wanted..

Ok, needed some new pipes - which I bought of Alteredchrome (http://www.customfighters.com/forums/member.php?u=2262)

a set of Vance&Hince sidewinder headers and megaphone - NICE!

When I tried this out, I was instantly in love!

Unfortunatly there was not enough space for the exhaust can as it was to close to the bottom of the engine..

Had to cut it up and remove and add a wedge.

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have spend months on ebay scouting for juussst the right seat. Was looking for ass shaped tractor seats like this one:

But in the end desided that it would be to much of a clash of styles, so went with a ducati 749 seat which is basically the same shape, but looks modern.

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next, the subframe had to go. I have really been kicking myself for not buying a bike with a bolt on subframe, .. well what the hell..

I drawed some new brackets whith sunken bolt-heads and had them made.

I am everything but a talented welder, so had a friend of mine do the honors :D

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
xNow for the subframe build...

A friend of mine owns a R100 BMW, which has a bolt on subframe whitch is basically pipes (reinforced in the end and pressed flat) - So desided to to it like that.

Had them welded by a friend.
Had to cut up the seat to make it fit and bought a new tank in the color I wanted, from ebay germany - it was cheaper than having the other one painted :party-smiley:

YES! :D:D:D:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kick ass build! I love the picture of you and your friend on his Buell. The photo itself is pretty badass, but the bikes in the photo are sweeter.

Keep at it Ass.. asse... Asse81! What does the Asse part of your nickname mean?

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kick ass build! I love the picture of you and your friend on his Buell. The photo itself is pretty badass, but the bikes in the photo are sweeter.

Keep at it Ass.. asse... Asse81! What does the Asse part of your nickname mean?
Thank you so much!
Asse is just a knickname I used to be called. You know how it is with internet log-ons, you newer change em :D

·
help wanted -apply within
44 Posts
I love that header!

·
Bazinga!
2,604 Posts
Nice bobber man. I like the idea that you used the tractor seat. Howd the comfort level?

·
D
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice bobber man. I like the idea that you used the tractor seat. Howd the comfort level?
well after a LOT of consideration I diddent actually go with the tractor seat as I was affraid it would stand out to much and take away from the cleaner look. (if I am to do another project on a older bike - I will definetly go for it)

The ducati 749 seat is fine. No problems at all! :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts