Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice appreciated.. Have a gsxr 1100 94 model.. Wanting to fit an 03 636 tail.. Lights etc.. Wanted any info on wiring loom.. How to adapt existing to run light and indicators for 636 tail.. Or wether a new loom needed etc.. Not very knowledgable on the subject! Thanks in advance..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Bed thing to do is to get a manual for your current model and look at the wiring diagram to figure out which wire is what for the tail light. I for the most part just guess and check until the brake light and running light works. The wiring for signals and taillight should be fairly simple even to a noob.

As far as tails go the best thing to do is to make a steel subframe that is about the same as the stock 636 but mounts to the current mounting points for the Gsxr subframe. Shouldn't be too difficult if you have a good welder, and good math skills. Maybe even get a 636 subframe and the weld new mounting points to that for the frame.

Personally have never seen this swap done before and am not quite sure on the fitment or specs of the tail you want to use. So if you can find someone with that tail that can take measurements for ya would probably help you in the long run as well. Unless you have already bought the subframe. Then it should just be measuring and checking and re checking.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have tail undertail subframe both seats and tail light let me knew if you need anything

1 - 7 of 7 Posts