Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys am new to the forum and have questions which I hope you guys can help me with..

I've had most bikes out there R1,new gixers, supermotos etc..

I ve recently purchased fixer 1989 1100k which obviously am streetfightering lol... All bodywork is in spray shop as we speak and I'm looking at after market parts to make it stand out.

Now it's a universal oil cooler I'm wanting to put on and have found one but would like some experienced opinions if its suitable please?.

Here is the link to on I'm thinking amount fitting

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200711646741?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So any knowledge you guys have will be much apriciated.. It's the connections tomy block which are concerning me...

Thanks again guys...:biggrin:

·
Registered
29 Posts
That oil cooler looks really nice to me. I have a 1986 GSXR 1100 former race bike that I will be building into a street fighter to. I think we have similar backgrounds and plans for our similar bikes. I have done a tone of research and lurking at this site and my plan is pretty much together. I have bought several parts from http://www.streetfightersinc.com/GSXR600-750-1100.htm maybe you can find some stuff you like there to. Feel free to PM me, maybe we can help each other out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh it's well nice it's jus the fittings into the block I'm thinking about as it is a car universal oil cooler but it wil fit fine just need to make bracket which is easy just hope some one can shed some light on the connections into the block mate...

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Your Gsxr's oil lines run from the block. You don't need that adapter supplied with the kit. Also, I don't think the Gsxr's lines are as long as the ones pictured in the kit.

May be better off finding just the cooler and have some lines custom made to length.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi thanks for the reply... Yeh but the lines for the top of the cooler are already made up so there b no messi n about there it just knowing wat connection to put on end of line for the block. The lines r about same length 50 something inch mate...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts