Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
401 - 420 of 420 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
streetfighterbling.net made them for me, just sent an old set of blade yokes for them to copy and pull the stem out of, they do any design you want.
Schweeeet. Pricey ?

Can I also ask, which side of the frame did you grind down to fit the RSV swinger ?

Andy

·
OLD FART
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·
You will need to contact streetfighterbling for prices bud.

You need to grind about 4mm off the right hand boss inside, don't have to be perfect as the screw in spacer mates to the swing arm bearing, you just need to grind till the arm slots in ok.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Cabbie

Because of you i'm fitting an rsvr swinger to my rr. I read through your fitting process but was left a little stumped.... You talk about taking off 2.5cm of material or 3.5cm or something. Could you go into a little more detail on what you remove. is it material from the swinger or the bike frame?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What do they say, something like "when people copy your stuff it's the sincearest form of flattery" Your bikes are the shit mang... I'm hoping I can replicate your rr.

·
OLD FART
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #413 ·
That's a half truth. Plenty of people who critiqued him were professional motorcycle builders.
And didn't have a fucking clue!

I ride the Boxer all the time, handles and rides perfect, so fuck you very much and good night :)

·
UnicycleMode
8,161 Posts
Before reading this, these are the facts I gathered from the :fight: in the boxer thread.

I don't think cabbie comes on this site anymore. He said he gave up making street fighters.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Gave up on farming out most of the work to build fighters. Fact. That isn't a dig at him either, but when asked about it, he wouldn't really go into any real detail until someone around his area said something about who does the welding work and such. Before the thread got cleaned, re cleaned, and then pretty much minimized into the CF archives, there was an undeniable amount of evidence he was here for his ego as much as anything else. I think I saw him reply or high five another build thread once or twice...

The guy does build really fantastic bikes, but the details about it all seemed rather sketchy when it all got laid on the table for all to read.

That's depressing. He's a cool dude. Really impressive/inspirational skills.

Cool when he was getting an emotional hand job from the community here, not such a nice/cool guy when anyone criticized anything about his builds or how the work is done. I came to his defense at one point and he read it as me getting into the slagging fest as well. Really frustrating to everyone involved in the conversation (drama filled shit aside) when it came down to it. His reactions to everything were either a high, high. Or a low, low. Diary of the bi-polar builder? :D

He got tired being criticized by guys that don't even build

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

In short you could look at it that way, but the drama fest actually started when a few very well known builders that have quite a few scratch built and road legal frames under their collective belt voiced concern. When the drama started it was pretty childish on BOTH sides and didn't get any better or any more adult at all. The added crap from everyone taking a side just turned it into something ugly.

He posts on FB about his bikes. Might try to contact him through there if you want some info. "Muttly Blade", is his name I believe.

·
UnicycleMode
8,161 Posts
And didn't have a fucking clue!

I ride the Boxer all the time, handles and rides perfect, so fuck you very much and good night :)

And it still doesn't account for anything. I can lump together a bunch of steel tube and call it a chopper, and it might ride fine for 4 years, but if there is a structural flaw that will fail dependent on fatiuge, it ain't gonna happen the moment the bike begins to roll. That was the whole issue, you put forth the attitude equal to a spoiled 5 year old not getting what they wanted. And still! You are doing it again. I just don't understand why you can't see this from any other perspective than your own. :nuts:

·
OLD FART
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #416 ·
You keep saying I farm out the work! ALL I farmed out was the welding, I designed the bike, I cut all the sections, I turned and machined most of the parts for the bike, the ONLY part that got farmed was the welding because I didn't weld, and the bike gets ridden EVERY day, I love it.

And as for ego, bollox, this is a form, members post up builds, I thought that was what a forum is for! sad to say 99% of forums now are infested with cnuts that just have to slag of every one and everything posted then call themselves pro builders, that's why I don't use them now.

All you fuck wits just couldn't handle someone doing his own thing so you had to cunt it off, like I give a fuck lol
The Boxer will be at fighterfest in two weeks, anyone that would like to take it for a ride just to see how good it handles is welcome

Anyways only come on to answer a PM so bye bye

Reactions: RICH S202

·
OLD FART
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
Oh and yes I don't do fighters now I'm back to superbikes, here's the latest build

Please feel free to suck my knob and stroke my huge ego with any comments :) :) :) :)

Reactions: RICH S202

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,766 Posts
Oh and yes I don't do fighters now I'm back to superbikes, here's the latest build

Please feel free to suck my knob and stroke my huge ego with any comments :) :) :) :)

good looking bike. do you race?

·
custom bike excited
3 Posts
hi cabbie,

i read your thread a few times and i am really impressed about your skills !

i also have a question, i didn't have a clue which wheel you use for your cbr, for me it looks like a sc50 rearwheel, but i don't find something with the same characteristic.

so please is it possible to let me no which wheel it is ? because i also have a rsv swingarm and with my pc35 wheel the brake doesn't fit because the case of the brake touch the center of the wheel :mad:

which wheel is that?

ps: sry for my english im from germany / berlin, i hope it is not to bad

greetz and thx iwi

401 - 420 of 420 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.