Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if anyone has run the new radial style forks with the older srad setup?

I'm wanting to change over to the new style forks to run a new style fender, plus my forks aren't in the best condition.. but still retain the old wheel and 6 pots etc. is there a bracket out there for the brakes? anyone else done this? lots of things going the other way.. but my 6 pots work fine and it should keep the cost down.

·
UnicycleMode
7,584 Posts
If I am reading this right, you want to use axial mounted calipers on radial forks? I would imagine the cost of the bracket alone would set you back more than using the existing radial brakes/mounts and working out spacing and diameter that way to run the older style wheel. You might be surprised how standardized brake rotor size and spacing is among sportbikes.

I would assume it would be a reverse version of this?

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah pretty much.. what I've seen is forks/brakes/lower clap for around 800 and up where as forks seem to be around 250 ish.. that what I was kinda going on.. and 200 for a fender on top of that... either way.

·
Super Moderator
3,077 Posts
yeah pretty much.. what I've seen is forks/brakes/lower clap for around 800 and up where as forks seem to be around 250 ish.. that what I was kinda going on.. and 200 for a fender on top of that... either way.

Those prices seem ridiculously high. I've seen several complete (minus rim and rotors) front ends for less than $400.

Later, Doug

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
In Canada too and was able to do complete radial conversion on my Bandit for a lot less than the figures you are quoting.....Keep an eye out for deals and good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts