Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i kept meaning to start a thread and updating it as and when i did some progress but i've just not had chance :oops:

So i basically stipped the whole bike down until there was only the frame, engine, swing arm and rear wheel left together.

Sent the o/e bottom yoke and the ally billet AMB top yoke (and risers) off to the powder coaters, and they now look mint

Whilst the front end of the bike was off, i stripped the rad & oil cooler down and gave them a coat of black heat resistant paint (but they are looking tired already) so will be doing something else with them soon.

Replaced the damaged genny cover and fitted gold engine bolts, trying to go for a Black & Gold colour scheme, but it aint all there yet

Ordered a new set of headstock bearings from Suzuki and got those fitted after the yokes came back.

Fitted a set of Yamaha goldspot calipers and spacers with a set of black "build a line" Goodridge brake lines. Then got some Bendix MMR pads, for rolling stoppies Also fitted a set of Pazzo black shorty levers for good measure

Got some R & G bungs fitted *just in case*

So it then started to get put back together, coming accross little problems, routing the throttle & Clutch cables etc....

Top yoke and Renthal bars get fitted, and finally decided on a route for the cables, moved all the loom so it wasn't on clear show.

Then the headlight came. A Show Yo Moto unit :rock:

Did lots of dry fits and mock ups with this, as i wanted it to look as clean as possible but had a few probs. Finally decided to ditch the steering damper and decided to mount the clocks further back then i had originally thought.
Cut the clocks to fit ontop of the renthals, and spliced the headlight fittings to fit the headlight.

So my plans for the rear end were originally to jack it up a fair bit, but that caused so many problems that i decided against it, bought a "lust racing" jack up kit insted. I also had planned to have a custom "one off" underseat exhaust made up by Quill in the UK and had bought some Ti tubing for it all to be done, very similar to the Taylor made system that isn't availble anymore.

But then a BOS underseat system came up for a song (and it saved me lots of time, effort, headaches & money) so i thought id give it a bash.
Bought it and dry fitted it, but i didn't like the way it "looked" so i went about dismantling the can, changing the angle and stubbying it a little (around 2.5inchs)
This in its self brought different problems and i had to fab my own exhaust bracket, modify the undertray and modify the brake light.

I think the end result with the exhaust looks pretty good, the lines flow better than the original BOS system and im happy

List of things still to fit....................

Gold Rearsets
Power Commander
New Chain & Sprocket +2 rear
R & G fork protection

Overall im a very happy bunny, it is a bit of a handfull but thats part of the fun

So my and a mate went for a blast (first time properly out on it) and went off up the C&F didn't know how bad it was going to be oh well

Attachments

·
est.1979
858 Posts
ggod to see another gixx in here. I think that exhaust looks killer, what did you do for heat shielding?

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ggod to see another gixx in here. I think that exhaust looks killer, what did you do for heat shielding?
At first i was going to re-house all of the shite under the seat, but i used 0.8mm ally sheeting under the undertray and then used foil tape to build up another layer.

Unless your just sat still and revving the bike it doesn't get hot at all :thumbsup:

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Looks great.. :rock:

Your definately going to want a damper on that beast..

·
SHOWUSYATITS
5,378 Posts
Looks great man. Love that mask....

·
161 Posts
Nice to see another.
I'm only +1 in the rear and can't imagine how it would be with +2 and a PC!

I've been thinking of putting sliders on mine for a while now, but I just haven't gotten to it.

You got it looking good with the Yam calipers, undertail and all. Keep it up.

Don't you feel that you need a stabilizer? I love my Ohlins.

·
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice to see another.
I'm only +1 in the rear and can't imagine how it would be with +2 and a PC!

I've been thinking of putting sliders on mine for a while now, but I just haven't gotten to it.

You got it looking good with the Yam calipers, undertail and all. Keep it up.

Don't you feel that you need a stabilizer? I love my Ohlins.

the front is a bit flighty at times but it adds to the fun :nuts:, i might see if an ohlins or another aftermarket one fits, but atm it'll be alright i hope :D

·
161 Posts
the front is a bit flighty at times but it adds to the fun :nuts:, i might see if an ohlins or another aftermarket one fits, but atm it'll be alright i hope :D
Dang, I just sold my hyperpro.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.