Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 02 gsxr600, and i would love to have a sssa, im just wondering if anyone knows which bike i could get one off of to make fit the easiest, and what has to be done to make it fit? anyone have pics of this? thanks

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
The easiest would most likley be a RAM arm for a GSXR1000. Also the most exspensive, but basicly a direct bolt in.

As for factory arms... They're all gona require some mods.

VFR: offset shock mount. GSXR shock mount will need to be chopped and moved. Also, the Pivot bolt is pretty big in your bike. You'll either need to fit a thinner bolt or see if there are different size bearings that may work.

Triumph: The pivot on the arm will need to be chopped down to fit inside the frame. Also may need to make a different linkage to suit.

Ducati: Could be more of a straight foward swap. May still need to ship up the arm and pivot bolt. These are usually a bit pricey even used, because of what they are from.

MV Agusta: About as rare as rocking horse shit, but deffinatly the prettiest IMO. Gona cost if you can find one. Not sure what would need to be done exactly, but some variation of the above.

·
KatBuilder
371 Posts
If you do a VFR, go for the VFR750...pivot is narrower than the VFR800 and will be easier to fit as shown in my 89 gsxr

I actually have an NT650 SSSA I might let go if anyone is interested...comes with the arm and the complete hub.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts