Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 750 wheel (6", same as TL and Busa, afaik) and I want to put it in a K2 swingarm. All srad stuff moved over to swingarm, and it about 1/8" too narrow. What do I need to make it work? Wheel spacers from K2? Caliper hanger? Is the Cush spacer/collar different?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
What's too narrow? The wheel? Or the swingarm?

1/8" isn't much bro, if it the wheel put the axle nut on and suck it down, see if the chain tracks right

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's like I'm missing a spacer. Maybe 1/4" actually. I haven't tightened it down, but I have an srad swingarm sitting right there and all of the parts slot right in it and there is no slack.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My best guess is that it has to be the caliper hanger. Eyeballing the wheel to center, the slack is on the right.
Auto part Tire Wheel Rim Brake

Any additional spacers on the Cush drive side would make it off center I think.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I have a rear caliper mounting bracket off a 04 zx 6 here's some pics it might help you. I have the rear brake setup too

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This swingarm is torque-arm style. I wish it was like the later stuff.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
If ya got a bunch of parts I'd just take the cream off the top(use the parts that make it work) as long as the chain tracks, rotor and wheel is aligned just make it work

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im thinking rotor side spacer or caliper hanger is different in K bikes. ill get a few and see whats what.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, so all ive read so far is a 6" wheel will go into a k swingarm, so long as you use all of the spacers from the 6" wheel. the srad wheel is the same as the hayabusa and TL. but in using my srad spacers, im still short about 1/4" in the srad swingarm, it all slides in like a glove, but in the k swingarm ive got slack. surely im not supposed to tighten the axle bolt to pinch the swingarm. there has to be a spacer from a gsxr or busa that i need to make it work. so i thought "hey, what if i use spacers from the 5.5 wheel like 01-03 gsxr, they should be wider to take up the slack", but someone confirmed they are dimensionally the same as what i have. im lost. i guess i could washer it up, but i like factory parts.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok so i found some recurring info on psychobike that mentioned a 3/16" spacer on the chain side.

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
is it possible the swingarm is just spread out and it needs to be cinched down? i just noticed the axle isnt buried very far into the axle nut. it is, however, an SRAD axle and not a K axle. not sure if they differ in length.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If your sure everything lines up well ( chain, rear disk ) i would just get a spacer machined up.

there shouldn't be any gap, both sides should literary just pop into the swing arm....don't tighten that spindle to bring them in, it will put unwanted stress on the swinger and could fracture it over time....

shit, you could even use a few washers to substitute a spacer.....same thing only more of them.

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If your sure everything lines up well ( chain, rear disk ) i would just get a spacer machined up.

there shouldn't be any gap, both sides should literary just pop into the swing arm....don't tighten that spindle to bring them in, it will put unwanted stress on the swinger and could fracture it over time....

shit, you could even use a few washers to substitute a spacer.....same thing only more of them.
28mmid washers are like unicorn poop.

·
Registered
279 Posts
im sure i have a few, not sure if i have enough to make up what you need though...will have a rummage and see....yours for postage costs. ( im in the uk )

either that or buy some 2mm - 4mm od 28mm id steel pipe....cut it down to size 'bro.

·
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im sure i have a few, not sure if i have enough to make up what you need though...will have a rummage and see....yours for postage costs. ( im in the uk )

either that or buy some 2mm - 4mm od 28mm id steel pipe....cut it down to size 'bro.
i wish the states did metric. about the only thing i have going for me is the fact 1 1/8" ID pipe might actually pass for a bit larger, due to our lazy tolerance. ill give it a go.

i just found it weird that the K and SRAD axles would be different length.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts