Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo guys new to the site, about me I'm 27 an ex suzuki tech (got outta the business at 21 due to money issues) anyway I've had a bunch of sport bikes and the last few years I've been real into cafe racers. I was just building an 82 gs650 cafe but came across a great deal on a clean 93 1100. Bikes real clean, clean title, d&d pipe, new tires and all plastics in good shape bike is custom painted newer gixxer orange an black. Anyway I couldn't pass the deal up, plus I'm a bigger guy (5'9 220, workin on getting back to 180 by spring tho) an I figured the 82 gs might be struggling with me plus a 120 pound girl on the back on the highway. So my question is I guys think I should strip this bad bitch down or leave her plastics alone? I realize this is a fighter forum BUT I'm lookin for a real opnion on weather or not the world needs another fighter , anything i do I'd wanna be able to return to stock if wanted, I jus dk if cuttin up a clean 1100 is blasphemy or not considering there's less an less everyday

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
post some pictures of it. also make an intro thread in the welcome section.

and yes. cut it up. if its the color scheme im thinking of then keep the tank that color and find a suitable tail unit for 2 up and paint to match.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so here she is when I got her. I stripped her down tonight minus the lights which I'll worry about later. My plans arnt so much to make her a "streetfighter" in the sense of what alota people consider one. I'm more so maken her a nod to cafe racers and the naked universal bikes of the past. I will include a few pics of the look I'm going for. Plans are to run no front fender, stock tail, clip ons, heat wrapped header gloss black paint with gold pin strip, gold (or white) rims, cafe racer single headlight, gold chain and +1 -2 sprockets.. Enough talk here she is Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Engine
Tire Auto part Motorcycle accessories Automotive tire Engine
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Cruiser Chopper
Auto part Engine Vehicle Games
now here's the look I want Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Lord Zed
323 Posts
Okay, if it was in excellent condition of original colors and what not, or if you can find original plastics i would say dont mess with it due to the history.... but if its already tainted, then fighter it out!.......

Exaple: I had a 1987 Ninja 1000R in perfect condition!..... while parked someone hit it on one side and it went up and over the kick stand to slam down on the other. So what became of this.... a fighter project!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol yea after I got her home today and started tearing her down I realized she's not as clean as I thought, don't get me wrong I still stole the bike ($600) and the paints ind good shape it's just not my cup of tea an the previous owner did some hack wiring for the hids (which don't work) and the integrated tail light. The tail light I'm gona keep and rewire ill remove the old signals tomorrow and pull the factory headlights, once I get it goin I'm gona do away with as many wires as I don't need, even if it means running my own lights and signal wires. What do most of you guys on here do to hide/eliminate the birds nest of wires?

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
i definitely dig the idea of a cafe ish gsxr. what about semi gloss black with the gold pin striping.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Dude honestly if it was already mint with all the plastics I would say theres nothing wrong with keeping it that way. If its already stripped down you may as well go for it and fighter it. Theres still plenty WC'd R1100's out there. If you would really like an 1100 fighter then you should build one.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Dude honestly if it was already mint with all the plastics I would say theres nothing wrong with keeping it that way. If its already stripped down you may as well go for it and fighter it. Theres still plenty WC'd R1100's out there. If you would really like an 1100 fighter then you should build one.
What he said.

From what you aid I would just keep an eye on the visual balance of the bike. Pretty much everything before the late 90s have fairly large tails and long front ends. If you just pull everything off the front end it could end up looking back-heavy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I will have to see how it once I get it running right (pulling carbs today since it's been sitting so long) I'm torn between keeping the plastics or not lol. It's deff not a mint bike just a clean bike that's been down at a lowspeed and repainted atleast once. If I do keep the plastics I would just have my boy paint them gloss black and still do the gold or white wheels an striping.

·
Lord Zed
323 Posts
now that you found out it aint mint, begin the fightering!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well ladies I listed the plastics on craigslist tonight hopefully I can recoup alittle money to cover the cost of the cafe style headlight i want, I've been spending too much the last 2 weeks, but at any rate I also found a quart of candy brandy wine paint in my dad's garage that my uncle bought for his sportster (10 sec sportster I might add on pump gas) before he passed away, I think I'm gona have my buddy paint my tank and tail section with it. I got it running and changed the plugs tonight, tomorrow I will do the wires, anyway just figured if update, anyone interested in the mid and upper fairings in nice shape (I know this is a fighter forum) feel free to pm me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts