Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recetly my hornet 600 has developed a weird problem.

Coming off throttle the bike jerks before hitting the over-run.

This "jerk" is also present, but to a lesser extent when hitting the throttle hard.

I have checked:

Cush drives. (hub rubbers)
Chain tension, at several different settings.
Output shaft alighntment.

All i can think off is that it may be a fuelling problem, or (oh fuk) a gearbox problem.

My bike is a 1998 UK Honda Hornet 600.

Any help, at all, is grealy appreciated.

Any questions about the problem are welcome aswell. Im getting rather annoyed about it. Infact iv barely been riding it since, and I bloody love the thing.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Spanky;71917} Infact iv barely been riding it since said:
I Bloody love that ^^ :party-smiley:

Hey bro, I'm not quite gettin what your sayin. What's an over run ?

Does it surge forward ?
Does it jerk side to side ?
Does it feel like it's in the rear ?

I kinda was thinking you were sayin, you felt the jerk when you let off , but kinda before you felt the engine brake slowing you ?
Kinda like, if there is not a load on the drive train there is something loose or clanking around.

Maybee start with disasembleing the rear and realigning it ?
Check your sprockets and shaft ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"I kinda was thinking you were sayin, you felt the jerk when you let off , but kinda before you felt the engine brake slowing you "

Yeah thats it. The bike sort of lunges longitudinally just before engine braking sets in, and when accelerating there is a slight jerky lag before the power kicks in.

As i said iv checked my chain (fully lubed) at several different tightness settings, the problem still persists. The sprockets are in good nick and the output shaft is straight as an arrow.

Rear end has been disasembled several times and wheel spacing/alighnment checked.

Oh, and the bike is carburrated.

Will check out you guys advice later today, cheers.

I'll get back to y'all.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
One more thing that comes to mind to check bro, ( I don't know if your feeling it powering up ? or Down ? < < or a lag , or something completely different in your drive train and you haven't narrowed that down yet ? )

sooooooooooooooooooooo

Follow you throttle cabe routing and make sure it's good and without obstruction, disasemble the throttle assembly , hahahahaha....... lube up the cables and clean all points all the way back to carbs too where needed.

Just somethin to try without spendin any moneys. ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"I don't know if your feeling it powering up ? or Down ? < < or a lag"

LOL, Im feeling a lag whilst powering up and down man, though much worse and more evident when coming off throttle (powering down). Its a pain in the bollox. Iv checked everything so far. Guess its time to strip the throttle assembly..........

Kinda wanted to avoid this but here goes.

*cracks knuckles*

Cheers for the help guys, i'll get back to you's....... again. :-(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts