Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pic's first, then we can bull shit!

i got a guy that i am going to sent the body to for paint. now i am currently building a tr750 DD bike so this is a flip, i just want to maximize profits.
this is a 73, what color should i go with? gold or purple?

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'd go 100% stock on the paint that way true smoker lovers Will go crazy over a 100% stock bike.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that's what i was thinking, is there a way to tell what the stock color was? it looks like a person tried to do a gold paint but that dosn't look like the stock paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry guys, let me clarify, gold and purple were the stock colors this year cam in. see this link
http://www.google.com/search?q=1973...H4oASL8oHwAg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=955

any one know what color would be a better profit margin? if it was originaly gold will it matter to a collector if i went with the purple paint? the purple seems to fetch more but the examples i have seen are original. would a collector like a period correct paint job (intentional defects that were known to come from the factory) or a professional show quality period correct design, (same design as OEM but no defects)?

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
It'll be an interesting project to follow but (without wanting to sound like a dick) you are asking in the wrong place if you're worried about which exact original paint job replica to go for or what type of plating to put on which bolts.

This is a cult bike, there is surely no shortage of forums with people who know everything about them including paint codes, where to get NLA stuff and whatnot.

Please do post here, but I'd be asking on a bike-specific forum unless you want to know what single side swing arm or USD forks fit your frame ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not offended at all i have posted on 2strokeworl and kawitriple. part of me is thinking to just get the title and list her evil bay. i really just want the cash to finish my TR.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
Lets see the TR....

I love my GT750..... And have a GT/TR cafe racer on the shelf right now...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts