Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Handy Man
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all, I am looking for some H9 HID bulbs that have the 90 degree base like the standard H9 bulbs (having clearance issues). Anyone know where I can buy some of these? Thanks!!

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
autozone, advanced auto, napa, walmart, kmart sometimes, target usually. if you have an h11 for low and an h9 for high you can mod the h9 bulb to fit into the h11 socket. the hot spot on the bulbs are in the same spot.

·
The Handy Man
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but I know I can get regular H9 halogens with the 90 degree base at many places, I am looking specifically for 6000K HID bulbs (they have ballasts) with the 90 degree base. It appears that all H9 HID kits use a bulb with the straight base, and indeed, the HID kit I purchased from DDM tuning had the straight base. This adds about an inch to my projector retrofit and causes my headlight to hit the frame. I would rather not have to move my headlight out any further forward (for aesthetics) so I am looking for these HID bulbs. I may end up just using a halogen for now until i can find one.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Title says it all, I am looking for some H9 HID bulbs that have the 90 degree base like the standard H9 bulbs (having clearance issues). Anyone know where I can buy some of these? Thanks!!
Did you ever find these bulbs? I'm looking for the same bulb for the high beam on my GSXR 1000, but haven't had any luck finding it. Like you, I got my HID kit from DDM tuning, which only comes with the straight bulb.

·
The Handy Man
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unfortunately no, I never found any HID bulbs with that base. I ended up just using a 90 degree Halogen bulb until I got a new shorter projector for my retrofit. I also modified by headlight mount a little. After all that the straight HID bulbs fit with no issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts