Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Bellypan had the holes filled and a couple of cracks sorted whilst I was messing about with fibreglass for the tail unit and sidepanels on the 'Unforgotten' project, then a lick of paint and a load of stickers. It's not been fired up for a while so the battery is now on charge, and I'll look at getting it onto a dyno at some point as well. Hopefully a new shock will be sorted too.

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
And I finally got around to swapping over the temporary brake fluid reservoir bracket that I'd bodged up (about four years ago) when I first fitted the fatbars, fitting a neat stainless steel one I found on the interwebs for Not Much Money.

Attachments

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Fired up on Sunday and, as I had half-guessed /assumed, the exhaust header decided that it wanted to set fire to the bellypan, despite there actually be some (rather minimal) clearance between the two. Effectively, it only bubbled the freshly appied paint, and I'll make a 'hump' with my recently acquired fibreglassing abilities to give the small part of the header (from the front pot) a bit more clearance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
And I've finally succumbed to the realisation that, right now, I can't justify the cost of a brand new aftermarket rear shock, so will go with the well-known SV upgrade of fitting a ZX-6R shock instead. Just need to find one at the right price...
Dave, i've got a spare ZX6 shock you can have, the curvy was sold before i got round to fitting it.
Free to collect in Cheshire or i'm happy to post it.

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
The five minute swap over of standard to ZX-6R shock wasn't quite that fast. The aluminium undertray I made needs to be relieved to give space for the reservoir on the Kawa shock, and as the Kawa shock has an aluminium fork at the bottom end, I needed a longer bolt, which then created an interference fit with the dog bones, so I need to cut down the bolt so it is only just long enough for the locking nut to fit, and maybe also add some spacers to the dog bones, otherwise I have a hardtail SV track bike...

·
Procrastinator
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Ripples, ripply ripples.... fuckers.

Only able to cut down the shock lower bolt by how much I could cut the nut down, which amounted to not enough... So then made some spacer washers from 3mm ali plate. Which should be easy enough, but for the fact that my 25mm hole saw, to make the spacer, was about as adept as cutting through the ali as my teeth... all told, to cut two spacers took four hours. 4 fucking hours that I'll not get back!
(Note to self - buy some proper quality hole saws instead of the cheap shit you've got)

161 - 179 of 179 Posts