Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Half nude gsxr dragster

4K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  Josen1 
#1 ·
Don't know if any of you guys are into
straight liners but here goes gonna start a build thread anywahs. K1 gsxr 750 I'm gonna keep the engine mods quiet for now, I have a few I plan on calling out on our local grudge circuit if you know what I mean. USPS is dropping the ball right now so it will probably be next weekend before a lot of my parts will be in. Looking for suggestions on the sub frame I have a few race tail fairings laying around but idk what I really want to do with it. Mainly has to stay low I love the kicked up tails on fighters but sadly this isn't a real fighter.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Road dildo for sure... Buddy is bringing by a gsxr race tail this weekend thats pretty clean tearing down the subframe this weekend to strip the paint. ( actually some good looking brushed aluminum under that rattle can shit)
And its Friday and no deliveries yet today,
Waiting on
Rearsets
Levers
Ecm
Sprockets
Chain
Seat covering (white cause its cool)
Tail light
Busa 6 piston calipers
Brake pads
Assorted small stuff
Come on USPS hurry up

#14 ·
There ya go I fixed that list for you

Road dildo for sure... Buddy is bringing by a gsxr race tail this weekend thats pretty clean tearing down the subframe this weekend to strip the paint. ( actually some good looking brushed aluminum under that rattle can shit)
And its Friday and no deliveries yet today,
Waiting on
Rearsets
Levers
Ecm
Sprockets
Chain
Seat covering (white cause its cool)
Tail light
Busa 6 piston calipers
Brake pads
TURBO

#12 ·
Busa, SRAD, TL and 88-95 Gsxr750, 89-97 Gsxr1100, and 92-93 Gsxr600 calipers are 90mm spacing.

The 01-03 Gsxr600, 00-02 Gsxr750, 01-02 Gsxr1000 (or close to those years) are 63mm.

Later, Doug

#15 ·
The 4's are smaller, weigh less and have more than enough force to stop a bike destined for drag duty. Think light. Ounces add up to pounds real quick.

Keep the rear brake as a fail safe. Don't rely on just one.

There's pretty parts, then there are parts that so the job. I.E. stainless brake hoses and other braided lines look nice, but they're heavy, expensive and what purpose would they really serve you on this bike?

Weight is as important as hp. Shave everything that's unused. I don't just mean entire parts like signals or mirrors, I mean everything. Does this part really need a bunch of bolts, or will some aluminum rivets hold it just fine? What can you drill holes in? Any superficial covers that aren't holding in liquid? Throw them away. Do you need full switchgear? Nope. Do you need an ignition key? Nope, chop the mount off,too. Run aluminum tube in the clipons and trim an inch or so from the length. It's weak, but you're not looking for daily driver ruggedness.

And definitely do not run a sealed chain. There's an insane amount of drag involved with a couple hundred o-rings dragging between plates.

Shaving weight is half the fun of the game IMO.

#16 ·
I know some of the Zx11 guys swap their older 4-piston Tokico's for the Gsxr1000 6-pots but Shiny's right the current setup is more than enough. Look at some purpose built drag bikes and see the small Performance Machine caliper and rotors.

Later, Doug

#18 ·
Rubbersdown im thinking of going the other route as far as power adders go (bottle) just have to figure out if I can run multiple a/f maps on a pc5 or switch to an 06+ harness and run a bazzazz controller
Shiny I completely agree on the weight issue

#19 ·
Check over on Psychobike but I think after a certain HP level (30-40HP) you might have to go with a wet system as the stock injectors can no longer keep up. I could be completely wrong as I'm use to dealing with carbed bikes.

Later, Doug

#21 ·
The big turbo Busa's upgrade to Honda S2000 injectors. Most people run 1000's or Busa's. The 750's are pretty far between especially for all out or grudge racing.

Later, Doug

#22 ·
Coming along only day we get to work are Sundays due to real jobs but buttoned up the sub frame its ready for paint, fabbed up the exhaust flange for the super short yana shiki pipe we made got rid of the right front caliper/rotor ( surprisingly heavy rotor nice unsprung weight loss there) more pics and updates next weekend.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.