Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Just saying hello.

First bike was a Kawasaki Spectre 550. That's right... a mini-tank. It was a blast when I was 17, though.

Second was a 1979 Yamaha XS1100 (purchased in 1991). That bike seemed fast as hell to me, despite the shaft drive. Top speed 140 mph, but the wobbles it made when I laid off the throttle kept from raching that more than six or seven times. Had that bike stripped down to nothing but a 4-into-1 and Daytona bars. Turned it into what I though of as an XL cafe bike. Guess you could call it an early street fighter. Then I rode from MN to FL. That thing looked like a piece of luggage with wheels when I made the trip... But I stripped it down again once I made it to Sarasota.

Had a bombed out Suzuki GS and and a pseudo-mod Honda something. Now riding a 2001 Yamaha FZ1. Think my soul mate is a four cylinder Yamaha 1000 + cc something. Going to slowly mold my current screamer into something beautiful and frightening, but try to keep it comfy enough to ride from Seattle to Whitefish. Any pics of similar projects would be appreciated. Don't want to inadvertently steal your thunder! I'll post pics when I get under way! :yamaha:

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
welcome to CF..

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Welcome in!

Later, Doug

·
1wheelfelons
273 Posts