Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It cant be too hard right...container plus baffles plus glass noise deadener...right? Im wanting to go full underbody on my tufiddy ninja. Thinking about 1/8 sheetmetal a roll of glass to pack it and a welder...should be good right? Need factory headers to chop on til im done tho cause im not taking bike down to do it.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
It cant be too hard right...container plus baffles plus glass noise deadener...right? Im wanting to go full underbody on my tufiddy ninja. Thinking about 1/8 sheetmetal a roll of glass to pack it and a welder...should be good right? Need factory headers to chop on til im done tho cause im not taking bike down to do it.
under belly on a ninja 250 will sound like absolute shit lol. Just a fore warning. I could never get my or any ex250 to sound better than a 4t weedwacker.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I had an old Yoshimura R&D muffler that was about 1/8"...what a pain in the ASS to work with. Anyways I think as long as you're not building a muffler to make your bike sound like it doesnt have one and said muffler isn't crazy louder than the stock can, than it'll sound alright but UF's right at the end of the day the engine will always sound like what it really isand in your case...it's a 250.

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1/8 is overkill. 20-22ga would probably be closer to what aftermarket cans are.
you'll also need perforated or expanded sheet for the baffle. which you can also wrap with steel wool, and wire, then fiberglass packing.
Im concerned about bottoming out and crushing. Would rather overbuild than rebuild...plus I dont have a welder I can weld thin metal on without burning through it.

Perforated sheet....solid sheet plus my neice and nephew plus my ar15 and 100 rds. :) anything to get those kids shooting.

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

a member here built a cheap version of this, basically a box with internal baffles to route the exhaust path, and then dump out the side. no fiberglass or perf sheet needed.
Almost exactly what I want. I shall dig up this thread. Any idea who did it?

·
V four honda whore
12,413 Posts
probably a labyrinth of tubes

i'm thinking of 4 small mufflers on end of each runner, that will look like chopper straight pipes. still havent decided everything trough.

·
☢
5,596 Posts
Almost exactly what I want. I shall dig up this thread. Any idea who did it?
the pics were gone from the thread (i looked it up half hour ago), but from a plan view (top looking down) the interior looked like this:

if memory serves me right. dude called it the muffbox. all done with sheet, and two pieces of round tube for inlet and outlet

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Google image search for "quat d ex box internal" has 3 in a row customfighters pics. Work computer wont let mefollow the links tho...so now im on my phone. Goona find these threads.

·
Frankenbike builder
441 Posts
Flowmaster marketed that basic design some time ago. Super easy. You can shape the muffler however you want. just put a couple noise stopping magic barriers in there and your golden. But you still have a crappy 250. Sorry. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
fatass needs corndogs
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Flowmaster marketed that basic design some time ago. Super easy. You can shape the muffler however you want. just put a couple noise stopping magic barriers in there and your golden. But you still have a crappy 250. Sorry. :thumbsup:
Motor is a wee little 250 but it wants to play with the big boys :-(

Basically the 250 is a toy to tinker. Once im done (really done) with it I will buy something bigger. Id rather learn the tricks on a bike im now less than 300 bucks into. I dont care how it sounds I just want it to look ok...not even look good...just ok and not sound like gutted factory cans. I seriously think somebody went through them with a t post or something

·
Frankenbike builder
441 Posts
Motor is a wee little 250 but it wants to play with the big boys :-(

Basically the 250 is a toy to tinker. Once im done (really done) with it I will buy something bigger. Id rather learn the tricks on a bike im now less than 300 bucks into. I dont care how it sounds I just want it to look ok...not even look good...just ok and not sound like gutted factory cans. I seriously think somebody went through them with a t post or something
I am just yanking your chain. I loves me some two fitty's. I also like motorcycles with 250ccs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts