Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TDWP
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of messing around with a handlebar form an old dirt bike to see if they would look good on my bike but if i do like them, is there any way that i could re-use the grips that are already there or do i have to cut them off?

·
GOOROO of da POO POO
3,700 Posts
hair dryer and patience... I'd say cut them off, clean the residue, spray hairspray, add new ones... done...

Of course I don't have patience.

·
Cpt. Obvious
2,112 Posts
If you are asking if you could reuse the grips on the bars coming from the dirt bike. Yes you can. Grips are grips so long as your throttle cables will fit in it you should be fine.

Reactions: Poopie

·
TDWP
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I was asking if i could reuse the grips from the motorcycle on the dirt bike handlebars which are the same diameter. Just so i dont have to buy new ones but im not very patient either so i might have to do just that haha

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Ive heard of many ways to get grips off bars without damaging them. Some use a blowdryer(heat gun), WD-40, air, etc. I sprayed PB blaster and started massaging the grip around to work the PB under the whole grip and they slid right off after a couple minutes.

·
arsing about
2,161 Posts
no I was asking if i could reuse the grips from the motorcycle on the dirt bike handlebars which are the same diameter. Just so i dont have to buy new ones but im not very patient either so i might have to do just that haha
Yes you can reuse them.

·
TDWP
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the dirtbike bars on and didnt really like how high they were so im just gona keep the stock ones but i would like them to be black. can you paint over chrome or does it have to be sanded off first?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts