Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
GURU
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys run for handlebars and clamps (brand, size, etc...)? I need to replace one of stock my slip-ons and I think I would rather replace it with dirtbars. I've read that alot of you like Renthal Fatbars but what clamps do you use? Also, what diameter bar do I need to ensure my stock bar assemblies(turn signal, horn, start button, etc...) will fit?

Suggestions for dirtbars and clamps needed! Thanks!

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
you need 7/8 bars, I use some knock off all aluminium thick wall bars, I went for wide bars cause im a fat bastard, I used Yamaha bolt on risers from a Virago $20, depending on the bike you may need to get longer brake hoses, and or Clutch cable. so bare that in mind, and price.
if you bolt on a pair of motorcross bars dont leave the middle cross bar in cause I think they look like Soiled pants.....but hey thats up to you.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
just bought a LSL kit at a local dealer for 250$
sounds much but there is everything included like the yoke, 30" superbike handlebar,
raisers, stainless steel brake and clutch hoses

but I ordered a Fehling 33" drag bar for it as I'm a fat... (slightly overweight) too :LolLolLolLol:

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
you need 7/8 bars, I use some knock off all aluminium thick wall bars, I went for wide bars cause im a fat bastard, I used Yamaha bolt on risers from a Virago $20, depending on the bike you may need to get longer brake hoses, and or Clutch cable. so bare that in mind, and price.
if you bolt on a pair of motorcross bars dont leave the middle cross bar in cause I think they look like Soiled pants.....but hey thats up to you.

I don't think he "needs" 7/8's.

I have 1 1/8th Fat Bars. They use an adaptor riser which are all over ebay. Your controls still work since the handles are necked down to 7/8ths. Just the centers are 1 1/8th.

I love the fatbar it's so slick.

·
98 Posts
I got pro-taper "fat bars", like tom said, they taper down to 7/8 at end and are fatter in the middle. Supposedly are stronger, i dunno.

I just bought generic black CNC'd 1 1/8 risers off ebay for around $20.

You'll also need longer cables most likely.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Fat bars rock. Clamps are easy. Moose makes some that go for about $50 retail. You can find them cheaper though. But they offer them in 4 different heights. from 20mm-60mm.

The bars them self are around $100 or so. I made a set of fat drags. totally straight and tapper from 1 1/8 down to 7/8. They're 33" end to end.

I got long arms and wide shoulders so I wanted my arms out a little but not very far up.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
I use renthal fat bars and tag 1 1/8" bar risers. got the setup for around 100 (discount :D )

someone mentioned taking the crossbar out of bars... from what i understand, the crossbar is there to add strength to the bars. . . fatbars dont have one b/c they are twinwalled on the inside and beefy for extra strength..

would removing the cross bar be dangerous?

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
LSL kit all the way.. I have it on both my bikes. I have stock clip ons if you want to keep it stock. $75 shipped.

·
Stiff Member
513 Posts
$5 ebay set of bars and clamps from a KX250. Replaced the rubber with aluminum spacers from scrap sitting at the house.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Im a fat bastard and Ive ridden full bore....in and out of corners dropped the bike on its bar end, and they havnt bent, on my 7/8 MX bars, without the crossbar,

Cross bars are for window lickers.

·
GURU
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't want to drill into my triple clamp but i dont want to spend my left testicle on a one piece triple clamp riser. Are there any brands cheaper than lsl's one piece triple clamp risers?

And if i have to drill the triple tree what would be my best options for clamps?

Thanks!

·
98 Posts
If your upper clamp is like mine you probably are worried its to thin and going to break if you just bolt the risers to it. But what you can do is cut some pieces of aluminum to go under the tree and use longer bolts that go through the tree and the aluminum plates. Basically it does the same thing as having a thicker tree, and disperses the pressure through the thicker plates so it wont crack your triple clamp.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts

Standard SRAD triple Tree with the virago risers, and KX250 bars
SRAD triples should fit busa's

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Tag risers , pro taper fat bars :party-smiley:

I drilled my top tripple and put some spacers on the bottom. My shit's bent , So i need new forks and tripples.:nuts:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts