Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 g1 zx6r, currently there is nothing wrong with it as I haven't got my spanners out yet. i was going to sell her and get a bandit 1200 but i don't like the thought of losing the performance of my bike as its quicker and lighter, i just want the street fighter sitting position. Any way my question is if i streetfighter her will i regret it does the handling suffer at all do i need to change the rear sets? Im thinking of getting a conversion kit to start with just to get it done and then in the winter ill strip it down, modify and spray.

·
Registered
740 Posts
A bandit 12 will more than keep up with an older zx6. It's got a good 15hp peak on it, and far more torque, what really matters for "street" performance.

You can see if you can do a clip-flip to raise the seating position, or remove the clipons and drill the top tree for handlebar clamps and fit a regular handlebar, there's tons of different bends to choose from.

It won't really affect handling, other than a subjective change from having more leverage on the fork with handlebars and a different seating position.

Change the rearsets if you'd like, it's not required. All depends on what you find comfortable and suited to your riding style.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.