Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding that my bike seems to be pogoing when cornering, taking a corner at 75ish it feels as if the suspension is going up & down. That's the only way i can describe it. 06 Bandit 1200 GSXR1000k5 front end with steering damper

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
sounds like something is all out of sorts...did you just do the front end conversion??

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes that's all i've done.
set suspension up for my weight? I've set the rear sag, but front i can get it down to 38, it was at 48. So i'll go out & try again to see if it's made any difference.

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
Rear shock..?? The K5 K6 front end is stiff from the factory. I'm 230 lbs. and I have no problems with the front end. I suspect it's your rear shock that's the problem. I experienced the same type of problem on my bike. I replaced the rear spring with a stiffer, longer Eibach unit and shimmed the rear up an additional 10mm. The total ride height in the rear is about 1 inch higher than stock now and in combination with lowering the front 10mm has my bike working excellent. High speed turns at 130+ and dead solid. If your rear spring is too soft, even with your sag set, you will get the rocking horse effect and it will make you think it's a front end problem. Just my .2 Good luck.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Using the GSXR forks has lowered my bike by about 60mm, so i don't wanna raise the rear:nono:

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
UKB12 said:
Using the GSXR forks has lowered my bike by about 60mm, so i don't wanna raise the rear:nono:

Sounds like you know more than me then and you should be able to figure it out on your own. Good luck with it..

Only other thing I can tell you about the GSXR front end is that they have very weak rebound. I have my re-bound settings only 1 click out for street riding. If your getting a front end pogo effect, that could be the problem and it's probably being magnified because of the bikes geometry. I still say a stock rear shock on a bandit isn't going to match up well with a K5 front end.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Maybee mess with the rebound on the rear after you set the sag ?

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
could it be possible that they're bent? Not many ppl know, but USD forks can be bent and not visible from the outside. But when you take the caps off and fully compress the tubes, you may see the inners bend toward the inner wall of the upper tubes.

Were, these bought on ebay? was there a reason why the person sold them? Not tryna scare you, but just stuff that I've read upon in the past with others.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
UKB12 said:
Yes that's all i've done.
set suspension up for my weight? I've set the rear sag, but front i can get it down to 38, it was at 48. So i'll go out & try again to see if it's made any difference.
You're set up all wrong...sag should be set between 25 and 30 mm...really more like 30 for the street.

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i've screwed in the preload fully so i can't get the sag down any less. I've heard about fitting a stiffer rear spring or GSXR shock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts