Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Frankenbike builder
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the air-ram heavy duty lift for the HF MC lift for over 5 years now. It has been great- however- the pedal blew out yesterday. Anyone know anywhere and what to get to replace the foot pedal for the air lift?

·
Frankenbike builder
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean by "blew out"? Did a hose degrade a fail? There can't be much to it. Maybe an o-ring failed?
Pretty sure o-ring failed in the little valve where the pedal swivels. Or a valve itself- looks totally non-rebuildable though. I am taking it apart tonight- can't hurt anyway- can only break it once- right? But I would like to know if there is a similar foot pedal that allows air to escape and air to inter in the same manner if that makes sense?

I pushed the pedal to "up" and the o-ring or valve the the bottom of the pedal blew out like a relief valve sounds- and it will no longer will allow air in- it just flows through the valve- but will only let air out.

Not real familiar with how those valves work. Thought it was always just black magic or something from the Devil

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Do you push it once to go one way then press it again to go the other? Tire machines may have what your looking for.

Maby you can get just the valve?

·
Rollin hard in Wiscompton
3,693 Posts
Alternatively, do you have air in your garage? One if the shops I worked at had two lift tables. We had them connected to the air lines with manual valves. Open one valve (slowly) and let the table lift. Open the other to drop it back down.

·
3,693 Posts
It would be simple to setup. On the table air line we had a T. One side goes into the table, one side has a valve and the air line in, and the last side is another valve that just vents out. Close the vent and open the feed, table goes up (just don't leave it open or you'll blow the cylinder). Open the dump to let it back down. Easy as shit.

·
3,693 Posts
Can't. The shop went out of business because the dickhead running it kept sticking every incoming dollar into whores, toys, and bullshit instead of paying us, our suppliers, or making customers happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts