Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon dudes!

Joining forums and getting the word out that Gasoline Ally Speedshop have now taken over from HUC but are still keeping the name, we are on the hunt for HUC builds from the past that we can use on our website.

We are aware of the bad press that HUC has had in the past and probably still has and are in the process of trying to let as many people know it has changed hands. We work in the shop next to the old HUC owner, we have just finished refurbishing our frame fabrication bay and working on custom builds as we speak. Any help to get the word out would be much appreciated, we are on Instagram and Facebook also as Gasoline Ally Speedshop so give us a look up. There are 3 members of the team covering workshop, emails and office so communication and turn around is prompt.

Any questions let us know 😎✊ Cheers

·
UnicycleMode
7,568 Posts
Wow, sorry I missed this post! Yeah, I'm in the process of a Hardup Wormburner build. My buddy and I bought a pair of frames from Butler (likely the last he ever sold too I assume) since it was only a month or so after that I saw stuff about GAS taking over the name. Maybe you guys sold them to us shortly after the takeover? They ended up in Madison, Wisconsin, stateside. I inquired with Butler back in 2014 and it took a few years before I was finally in a position to get my hands on one. Life decided to get in the way and one thing after another led me to give it a shot wedging a '07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R engine into the frame. Currently the bike is "almost" done, but, are builds ever actually really "done"?

As soon as this thing can roll out into the light of day and actually appear to be a finished bike, I can post up the pics, or send them directly. The Wormburner builders page on facebook has a multitude of finished and in process builds too if you need to expand the search for example machines.

Despite the bad press Butler got, I didn't care if it took a month, or a year to get a HUC Wormburner frame... it was "the one" when I first saw one and just had to have it. Same with PM Chicane superbike spec wheels, and a few other bits of sought after kit that sparked something in me that said "no matter what, I'll have that eventually". Not far off from 20 years into this and I've had just about everything I've ever wanted out of motorcycling and building. I'll spread the word far and wide that you guys took over the HUC brand! Good to see you here on CF!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, sorry I missed this post! Yeah, I'm in the process of a Hardup Wormburner build. My buddy and I bought a pair of frames from Butler (likely the last he ever sold too I assume) since it was only a month or so after that I saw stuff about GAS taking over the name. Maybe you guys sold them to us shortly after the takeover? They ended up in Madison, Wisconsin, stateside. I inquired with Butler back in 2014 and it took a few years before I was finally in a position to get my hands on one. Life decided to get in the way and one thing after another led me to give it a shot wedging a '07 Kawasaki Ninja 650R engine into the frame. Currently the bike is "almost" done, but, are builds ever actually really "done"?

View attachment 148617

As soon as this thing can roll out into the light of day and actually appear to be a finished bike, I can post up the pics, or send them directly. The Wormburner builders page on facebook has a multitude of finished and in process builds too if you need to expand the search for example machines.

Despite the bad press Butler got, I didn't care if it took a month, or a year to get a HUC Wormburner frame... it was "the one" when I first saw one and just had to have it. Same with PM Chicane superbike spec wheels, and a few other bits of sought after kit that sparked something in me that said "no matter what, I'll have that eventually". Not far off from 20 years into this and I've had just about everything I've ever wanted out of motorcycling and building. I'll spread the word far and wide that you guys took over the HUC brand! Good to see you here on CF!

Wow that's awesome, thanks for posting your progress and yes we would love to see pictures once you have finished!

Thanks for the spreading the word, much appreciated. Just trying to get everywhere we can can to sort this bad press out. I have found that facebook site also so hopefully will be on that soon!!!

Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
My brother has a Wormburner that he bought as a road going bike a few years ago (he still has it). He bought another frame and a few other bits from HUC, battery box, rear mud guard and tank (still sat in his shed doing nothing) and bought a bandit 600 for all the bits he needed (again, sat doing nothing). All the parts were delivered quick and hassle free.

He then ordered the Savage frame as a gift for me!! This frame never turned up. We had emails ignored, Facebook contact ignored and phone calls with false promises of if/when it would appear, it never did. We were eventually told it had been sent out so nothing they could do!!!

I hope now you have taken over that customer service will improve massively.

Will you still be making the Savage frame?
Screenshot_20170423-130915.png

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your comments. Great about the Wormburner and that its still about! Thanks for sharing the photo!

Unfortunately none of the above surprises us and this is just the sort of thing we are trying to rectify.
Had you paid in full for it? And can you remember roughly when it was?

We are still producing the Savage frame yes, it is up on our website.

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
It was paid in full during a 50 percent off sale. It was a while ago now. I can get the details from my brother (maybe) if he saved any of the information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was paid in full during a 50 percent off sale. It was a while ago now. I can get the details from my brother (maybe) if he saved any of the information.
Ah man, that’s not nice.
Do you still want the frame? Can you call the office on 01323 832343 and they will give you my mobile so we can talk directly.
Any idea of the year or month your bro paid would be appreciated when you call
Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts