Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to embark on this job am still collecting parts, but I have some concerns over the suspension. I am using a '91 VFR750 swingarm and the suspension is offset slightly. Now, the my GSXR suspension is also slightly offset, but not as much.

I'm just hoping maybe someone here has done this before me and wouldn't mind sharing pictures of how they setup the suspension.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Slick, is it your bike? I'd really like to know for certain which arm it is and how the suspension was aligned.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it comes out as decent as my TLS did I will be pretty content. Most might not consider her "badass", but she was certainly what I wanted. It's basically what I want again but I've grown attached to the horsepower of the GSXR haha

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well...I suppose there it goes.

"Done" is a dangerous word...but the actual swap seems to be just that.

I still need to find a rear caliper and sort out the exhaust. She runs and rides fine. Rear wheel is offset to the right 6mm so handing is different, but I don't consider it bad by any means. I can't move it any more to the left because I don't have the shock clearance...I had to cut a few mm out of the hole for the shock as it is to get where I'm at. I really didn't notice a difference in the handling.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where is the write up man i wanna know what is needed
A lot of it is here:

http://www.gsxr.com/showthread.php?t=155538

You need a Mid 90's VFR750 swingarm and rotating mass...except the wheel. You either want an 800 wheel or an early 90's 750 wheel (5.5" vs 5"). I used an early 90's VFR750 swingarm and had to cut the frame bosses, as well as the excess on the swingarm, off. You will need an '05 era Yamaha R6 pivot bolt. You will need custom dog bones. You will need a machinist to cut you 20mm ID bushings to fit both sides of the frame...they can do this from your stock pivot bolt.

It really wasn't that difficult and I am very pleased with my results....but bear in mind that this is not a bolt-on thing. You will have to make it work. I had to trim the frame and try the arm...trim and try...trim and try. Lots of trial. I had to shave some material out of the inside of the shock hole to make that all work.

Just be prepared for it to be a nightmare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts