Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FJ1100 and it has a wide frame. I have a dominator dual headlight on the bike but it looks a little funne being so small on a big bike. I want some kind of headlight fairning or windshield. Something from another bike or something universal I don't mind just do not want to spend a lot of money. Any ideas or links or parts for sale would be awesome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is her as she sits now. I plan on cutting the rear down like right after the seat soon. Just got to take things one at a time at the moment.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
Aside from the fact that you need to angle those waaaaay down in order for them to do anything.. I don't think they look that bad. But in saying that it could definitely benefit from a nice little bikini fairing. There's loads on ebay

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I had it off the other day lol so yeah its prob out of wack atm. Thats why the headlight plug is laying there in front as well. When I trimmed the front fender up it made it look a little better thats for sure so everything doesn't look so bulky. I was on EBay and have not really been able to find anything really.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Registered
269 Posts
Get just about any semi-curved peice of plastic... a bucket, stock windscreen... cheapest windscreen you can find on ebay (probably $20-$30)... then cut it up and get creative with some brackets.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
mount yer oil cooler under them ,mite look fine and add mass to that setup .

·
jANITORIAL TECHNITION
1,138 Posts
I love the paint scheme! As far as lights. ...... id build a glass bikini fairing kinda like the Pro Street bikes are using.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, I just ordered a windshield I will mock it up and see how I feel about it. Thanks I did not want to be another typical FJ or bike for that matter and I looked at the bikes lines and thats the colors I came up with. I powder coat as well and just ordered a sick orange powder coat so I will be playing with that some.

Reactions: sidewayz

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, I think that could work. I have one thing I am going to try first but I will prob end up getting one of those.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I built this for a set of dominators I had on my last bike. Got an old r6 windshield for free and cut it down, sprayed it, and added some brackets I made for $1.00. Worked pretty damn well. An angled bottom looks pretty mean, like angry eye brows covering the top of the dominators.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice, this is the exact stuff I was looking for. I am still recovering from being unemployed and I want the bike to look nice but my wallet is pretty small. These are badass ideas. There is a factory defect carbon fiber windscreen on EBay for like $30 that I might pick up because I wont lie I am a carbon fiber nut lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts