Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...after you've came off of it?

Its an interesting mixture of sad and funny. :D

Low side at 50 MPH in loose gravel due to being crowded by a minivan or suv, I'm not sure which. Seems me and my trusty CB slid together for about 50' until my foot finally wiggled out from under the bike. Then she slid, bounced and skidded another 75 feet or so. Sounded horrible!

One scratched bar end mirror, one scratched / bent kick stand and one busted ignition cover full of gravel.

Alpinestars saved my feet,anlkes and lower legs. Firstgear saved my hands. HJC saved my noggin. My jacket really saved my left elbow when I felt it slam in to the ground. I have a bit of rash still, but I really think it from the backside of a snap that is on my jacket sleeves for adjustment purposes. That will be removed and sewn now.

I always wondered what crashing at speed on pavement felt like. Not as bad as I thought. More surreal than scary. But I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, too. Not even sore.

Folks, listen : Gear. Buy it. Wear it. Period.

Attachments

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Shit, that just happen today?!
Sucks man...

I watched my DRZ slide up hill after I looped out a wheelie.. :D
Had third gear standing down pat, could stay at balance point all day. So I was trying forth gear standing at the time. All was going good until I lost too much speed going up a hill and I didn't have the engine brake I was used to in third to catch myself from looping it out. Just let the rpm's dip too low...

Heard the plate and tail light hit first, at which time the perfect thing to do is hit the rear brake, but I didn't . So I yeah she came out from under me and I see it come down on it's side and slide for a little while. Not too far I was probably going 35 or so.

Jacket, boots and gloves saved my skin. And my trusty Fox V2 got some rash to show the battle. Bike had a slow leak on the stator cover ( TT case savers put on after the crash) and worst part was it blew out a freaking $110 integrated edge tail light :D Pick the bike up off the ground and rode her home...

I was definitely sore a few hours after the adrenaline wore off and for a few days after...

COVER YOUR REAR BRAKE!!! :D

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Glad ur OK man. Them cbs can take a beating. I slid with the 650 I had for about 20 feet at about 30mph. Picked it up and crashed it again at the other side of the street.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
That sucks man. And yes I watch my bike slide down the road all the time. On a weekly basis it seems sometimes lol
And I know what you mean about sliding down the road too. After the initial impact your like awwe this aint so bad, but the thing is if your sliding for too long things get pretty hot quick

·
UnicycleMode
7,580 Posts
Last time I rode the street was last November when I tossed my DRZ down the road and watched it go skidding away on the side cover and bark buster. It honestly has become an annoyance to crash at low speed, whole time the bike is sliding away I'm in my head screaming, "What the hell was that shit!!??". :D

Goes a bit like this:

Everything is fine...

:thumbsup:

Then it isn't...

:wtf:

And then the realization you just crashed again...

:doh:

Back to the shop to rebuild it...

:truestory:

And off to try to do it again!!

:letsride:

Least that's how it's worked for me over all these years. :D

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad ur OK man. Them cbs can take a beating. I slid with the 650 I had for about 20 feet at about 30mph. Picked it up and crashed it again at the other side of the street.
I laughed so hard at this. :D :D :D

Thanks guys. Just glad I had my gear on as usual.

The bike won't start now. I think I boogered up the ignition in there. I suppose it didn't like all those gravels swirling around in there. ;)

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
glad to hear you're ok. i watched my gs850 take a dears head off and almost take mine off. also watched my 7/10 slide down the road mostly on top of me haha. it is an odd mixture of depressing, angering, and funny.

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
I had a bike chase me while i was sliding down the highway

·
CB350Cafe first build
393 Posts
Glad yer ok man!

I high sided in a field turtled up, slid for 75 feet up hill, across a lane, and remember watchin' the bike follow me across the road.

Scariest for me was once yer movin, you just can't stop until friction has her way with ya.

Even scarier was thinking about all of the debris and stuff that I could have impacted that fortunately wasn't there!

Rubbers down man! I was sore for nearly 2 months!! hope your back in the saddle soon.

Reactions: shinyribs
1 - 20 of 29 Posts