Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Ya never can.

·
537 Posts
Personally the idea of riding a bike noone can hear next to them scares the shit outta me!
so go down the road doin your best 2stroke impression at the top o your lungs!

BRAAAAAAA BRAAAAAAAA BRAAAA!!!!!

or not...

I actually kinda dig it. Curious about how it feels to ride. 100 is plenty for the street, I bet it feels good when you crack your wrist and it just goes... But hows it flick? batteries are heavy

·
Winter's comin... :(
4,869 Posts
Seen some videos on the mfg's website I think... looks like it corners about as well as a Ninja 250.

Batteries aren't all heavy... and those ones are in the same spot as the engine would be anyway, so the weight is probably pretty close to identically placed.

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
I'm waiting to see the actual production bike in action. 100mph and a 100 mile range would make the bike a viable (expensive, heavy and slower) alternative to a gas powered bike, if they can pull it off for the sub 9K price.

·
Winter's comin... :(
4,869 Posts
I'm waiting to see the actual production bike in action. 100mph and a 100 mile range would make the bike a viable (expensive, heavy and slower) alternative to a gas powered bike, if they can pull it off for the sub 9K price.
http://www.brammo.com/empulse/#specifications

The lightest model is only 360 lbs and makes close to 55HP, including torque on demand, without having to slip a clutch... what's so heavy or slow about it?

The performance is probably better than a 250, and you're already paying like $5000 for that alone, and the Brammo comes with adjustable supsension, 4 pot front binders, and the ability to act cool because you own an electric semi-super bike, which comes with a 12 month warranty and won't cost you assloads in engine maintenance/upkeep in coming years.

It should be noted, though, that the $10k model only has an average range of 60 miles, with a 6kw/hour battery pack.

The model that has 100/100 is the 10kw/h pack which is about 14k.

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
The Kwak 500 has more HP, weighs about the same and costs around 5k. The range is also better as is the top speed. Electric bikes are currently more expensive, heavier and slower than a comparable gas powered bike.

·
Rable Rable Rable
8,319 Posts
The Kwak 500 has more HP, weighs about the same and costs around 5k. The range is also better as is the top speed. Electric bikes are more expensive, heavier and slower than a comparable gas powered bike.
No shit Bill Nye. lol

Engineering-wise, the electric bike is a billion times cooler than the economy bike of economy bikes, the EX500.

·
Change or Die
991 Posts
I'm all for electric bikes, but they are not very cool...yet. If the production brammo machine works as advertised it will be a huge leap for electric bikes. I'm not rich enough to purchase a poor performing motorcycle. For 10K or 14K I would rather pick up a liter bike, busa or 14 and have something that is exciting, not much nerd factor but hey that's what computers are for.

·
#114 CVMA/STTARS
3,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Kwak 500 has more HP, weighs about the same and costs around 5k. The range is also better as is the top speed. Electric bikes are currently more expensive, heavier and slower than a comparable gas powered bike.
Kawasaki has discontinued the Ninja 500R

1 - 20 of 26 Posts