Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello found a complete front end of an hayabusa with brake calipers and wheel that i maybe can buy for a resonable amount of money :)
my question is do you guys think it would be an uppgrade on brakes and suspension or is it only crap?? :)

My cbr 900 is a -97 of course i have to do new upper and lower tree clamps and also a new stem.

Gabriel

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
depends on the length of old vs new. is it first gen or second? the hayabusa is a decent front end, although it is shorter than most. i had one on my bandit. the first gen busa come with 6pot tokicos usually, which arent bad. the second gens have radial brakes.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
its a matter of fitment. probably a modified stem ( as in swaping the old stem onto the new yokes)
and running everything...

Typically Honda front ends go well with honda front ends and Suzukis to suzukis but hey give it a whirl. let us know how it works. it might be a lot of fab work for the Stem Swap tho... Hondas can be a real PITA.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
depends on the length of old vs new. is it first gen or second? the hayabusa is a decent front end, although it is shorter than most. i had one on my bandit. the first gen busa come with 6pot tokicos usually, which arent bad. the second gens have radial brakes.
Its The first gen with 6 pot.. I am hinna think about it and see if The price is right..

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
Its The first gen with 6 pot.. I am hinna think about it and see if The price is right..
whats the price? the busa stuff is a good option, but it really depends if youre going to run the busa upper triple, clipons, or dirty bars. im assuming it is complete. youll have to get creative if you plan on running a steering stop and stabilizer.

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats the price? the busa stuff is a good option, but it really depends if youre going to run the busa upper triple, clipons, or dirty bars. im assuming it is complete. youll have to get creative if you plan on running a steering stop and stabilizer.
Dont know The price yet he want me to give a bid? Or how you say?:) but i got a feeling i Can get it pretty cheap.. The thing is i talk to a Guy That Can cnc build upper and lower triple with Honda stem.. But its not cheap around 700 dollar. And maybe i Can but The front end for 500.. Damn Iphone putting big letters allover.. :)

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe i Can buy The front end for 500. The t9 thing on The phone is a bitch when it is in The wrong language:)

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im assuming for that price its in the US and including shipping to Sweden
No sadly not:/ its in Sweden already.. But only front forks on ebay is around 2-300 but Then i have to buy front wheel and brakes to.. Plus shipping to Sweden. :/. What do you think Would be a resonable price?

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's hard to say. I think that's high. But then again I keeping looking for a deal. It must be in really good condition.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Well we see tomorrow i know that the parts are worth pretty much but only for somebody that really needs it. So i gonna give him a bid on how much i'm willing to give him and then he can take it or leave it. I can live with My original forks and wheel till i finds something good:) afterall i just what the swap because i think upside down looks nicer:) and that it would give a 17" front wheel.

·
That guy
4,468 Posts
Different regions of the globe prices do vary one thing to remember. Also re you meaning 500 whatever Swedish currency is called? Or 500USD, either way it works out, your the one incharge of your wallet. Big fat USDs look Purdy, and look geat with the nine hundos frame too!

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Different regions of the globe prices do vary one thing to remember. Also re you meaning 500 whatever Swedish currency is called? Or 500USD, either way it works out, your the one incharge of your wallet. Big fat USDs look Purdy, and look geat with the nine hundos frame too!
Its in USD :) in swedish SEK its 3000:- :) i didnt see the point write in SEK here, nobody Would understand:) parts are pricier here in Sweden because it is a small country and not as many parts out for sale.. But after My calculations 500 for a complete front end from a bike is a good deal.. Like i said before, buying front forks on ebay from a newer bike is between 2-300 usd and then you need brake calipers, rotors, front wheel and tree clamps:/

·
319 Posts
There is a conversion table at All balls racing for bearings when doing fork swaps I looked for you and they have the bearings you need.
Upper # 99-3540-5

Lower # 99-3519-5

If you want to have a look at the stuff yourself this is the link for you.
http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion

Hoppas att detta har hjalpt dig ut:)
I moved to Canada from Sweden 25 years ago Micke

·
Cbr 900 -97
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks mate..

Cool so you are an old Swede:) de blev ingen hayabusa gaffel tyvärr.
Blir från en cbr 1000 rr istället :)
im gonna go with a cbr 1000 rr forks instead :)

There is a conversion table at All balls racing for bearings when doing fork swaps I looked for you and they have the bearings you need.
Upper # 99-3540-5

Lower # 99-3519-5

If you want to have a look at the stuff yourself this is the link for you.
http://www.allballsracing.com/index.php/forkconversion

Hoppas att detta har hjalpt dig ut:)
I moved to Canada from Sweden 25 years ago Micke

1 - 16 of 16 Posts