Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what headers will fit the 1127 motor. what choices do i have. can i fit 750 headers on. thank you for any info

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
yes.

all the oil cooled zook's have the same cylinder spacing. i had micron 750 headers on my 1200.

SOME of them are a lil short, and won't clear the oil pan, but most will.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
this SOME you speak of .. any specific examples??

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
like putting katana 600 headers on a gsxr1100 or a bandit 1200, there's way to much difference in engine stroke to let the headers clear the oil pan where they wrap around the motor. 750 headers will clear an 1100 or 1200 though. like i said, i had aftermarket 750 headers on my 1200 motor.

not that running tiny lil 600 headers on a liter+ motor would be a good idea anyway.

if you're buying new, i know for a fact that micron stainless headers for a 750, with some 38mm carbs work GREAT on that motor. the micron header diameter for the 750's is actually a lil bigger than the stock 1100's. i think i paid about $300-$350 for a stainless steel full system. they weld some crappy baffle in the end of the system from the factory though, for some reason, ditch that thing quick.

oh, and the rest of the system, from the headers back, on all the oil cooled suzuki's is pretty much the same too, so the exhaust hanger and whatnot all lines up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts