Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R6 streetfighter lights keep burning out. There are two H7 connectors coming from the bike- one connector is for the day time running lights and one is for the high beams. The two H7s are connected to a relay to the headlights which has 1 H4 connector. I installed the headlights myself at first but the lights kept burning out. I even bought a thicker rubber shockmount for the forkmounts of the headlight to reduce vibration but still the bulbs keep dying on me. At last I brought it to a dealer for them to check my connections and to have it professionally installed in hopes they don't muck it up as well. The bulbs lasted for a week but now they're dead as well. Anyone have any ideas?

·
CB350Cafe first build
393 Posts
Good call on the R/R.

Check all of your grounds in that circuit too...corrosion = high resistance = more amperage.

Can you probe the socket connections feeding the bulb to see how many Volts are being fed?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Multimeter on DC v, 20v scale, put it across the battery with the engine first at idle, then at 3000rpm. Should go no higher than 14.5v or so. If it does, your r/r is toast, which I'm going to give a 95% probability is the problem.

Low voltage can have tons of culprits, but high voltage can really only be caused by the R/R. Popping bulbs is almost always high voltage/regulator failure.

Good news, they're easy to change (sometimes getting to it is the tough part, but usually it's in the tail or side panel with the fins facing into open air). You can get used ones on ebay for $20 or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts