Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlight was working perfectly and then I redid the forks and now whenever the handlebars are turned to the left the headlight cuts out on me. The second they are straight or anywhere but left they work fine

I just pulled the entire headlight assembly and rewired the entire thing and it works by itself. When its attached to the bike the problem still occurs. It is a single h4 connection and I watched the wiring harness that connects to the bulb and it doesnt move at all (it is also wired through the left side of the bike right behind the radiator.

I plan on going through the wiring harness which I really didn't want to do so I wanted to know if anyone had any other suggestions before I start cutting

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Switch works just fine and I held the wires still when turning the handlebars and it still cuts out. Ill have to check for grounds when I pull the tank

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,526 Posts
Could be the connector where the bulb plugs in; maybe its loose / corroded enough that when pulled one way by the wire its not making good contact. Or one of the connectors at the other end of a wire leading into the headlight (or handlbar switch), similarly. Also, lots of times wire breaks happen near the connectors; could be the insulation is still solid and stretches just enough for the copper inside to be discontinous when the bars are turned.

Not a fun problem to track down.

·
evillani
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pulled the switch and everything checked out ok so i cut into the harness from the switch to the main and 3 wires ready to fall apart. The po obliterated all of the wiring for this bike but i rewired it and its worken like a dream now

Thanks for all the help guys

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
glad you got it sorted!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.